Native Color Picker Plugin Possible?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
HSV RGB Color Picker and Converter for Construct 3
  • Hi!

I've been wondering if it would be possible to add native color picker support into Construct 3? I couldn't find that setting inside the existing form plugins so I assume it's not a thing yet.

Construct 3 itself already uses it and it seems to work in pretty much every browser, on desktop and mobile. Just in case, this color picker is what I mean. I'd imagine if it would be possible to implement it, it would come with "On color picked", "On color picker closed" and expressions in order to fetch the actual results in RGB or something like that.

Anyway I though it might be useful for games, which offer things like changing the outfit color of the main character and similar.

I'm not aware of any downsides but if there is a reason against using it, feel free to post it here.

• I’d imagine there are no downsides. It’s just a form control so it’s simple enough to do. In the history of scirra though, they usually defer to third party plugins instead of making it themselves. No idea if they’d want to add it though. It’s usually easier and faster to implement it myself with js. That’s completely against the no programming required mantra, but it gets me going with something before I lose interest.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you say that it's possible, I guess it might be worth opening up a request in the ideas website. This isn't really a high priority feature for me so I'd rather wait instead of calling for help from 3rd parties for now.

Thx for the info!

• Here is the idea: construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-605

(Anyone interested in this can feel free to invest their spare votes.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)