What if i use multiple add ice server actions from multiplayer plugin

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Very simple code without excess options (15 events for server and 11 events for client)
  • Hi,

check this event :

On start of layout >

add ICE server "turn server1"

add ICE server "turn server2"

what does this event do ?

is construct use both or just use "turn server2" or choose a random one and use that or choose the one which is up (if server1 is down so choose server2) ?

thanks

• is anyone know this ?

can construct team answer this for me ?

• Sure ice candidates are given a priority that depends on multiple things like local network and peer connection and turn server latency and then it attempts a connection with the highest priority first to get the best connection quality and it keeps trying to make a connection with the next best candidate if it fails

• Sure ice candidates are given a priority that depends on multiple things like local network and peer connection and turn server latency and then it attempts a connection with the highest priority first to get the best connection quality and it keeps trying to make a connection with the next best candidate if it fails

thanks for the answer.

so if i use multiple turn and stun servers (with add ice action) then multiplayer plugin will use the most stable and less latency server for that client. (for example it use a usa turn server for a usa peer and host and use a uk server for uk and so on...)

if anyone else can confirm that i will be so happy...

• I don't see why you don't go and confirm it yourself

• I don't see why you don't go and confirm it yourself

its a really hard test . i think scirra has to be more clear on that. on the manuals

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • anybody ?

• All this is handled by the browser and WebRTC library. It's not directly to do with Construct, so I can't help you I'm afraid. I would guess it either figures out which one performs best and uses that, or alternatively goes through them in order, connecting to the first one that successfully accepts the connection (i.e. only proceeding through the list if a server is down). It might even depend on the browser, and use different strategies on different platforms.

• All this is handled by the browser and WebRTC library. It's not directly to do with Construct, so I can't help you I'm afraid. I would guess it either figures out which one performs best and uses that, or alternatively goes through them in order, connecting to the first one that successfully accepts the connection (i.e. only proceeding through the list if a server is down). It might even depend on the browser, and use different strategies on different platforms.

thanks for the answer it was really helpful

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)