Multiplayer Online Real-Time

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Times Table. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hello !

I'm curious about the online of Construct 3 and I would like your feedbacks about this ! I've actually created some little games with C2 and some of them use online but for real-time action, it's quite problematic most of the time (teleportation, lags, ...).

So I wanted to know if some people have already made a multiplayer online game with C3, how they fill about the online (compared to the C2' online), advices, ...

:D

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • While C3 has some great speed improvements with the C3 runtime, I doubt that will affect your question.

Online multiplayer I expect is pretty much the same as C2 unless you use Playfab or Firebase plugin in the Master Collection add-on.

Online lag could be indicative of the volume of data you're transferring, so perhaps ask that question in a post? (The super new add-on for Binary might facilitate that too)

• Thank for your answer !

Well, for the tests I've done, I tried different methods (sending just a call of function, sending positions of players, ...) but most of te time, there was some random teleportations (it was a little platformer game).

I'll ask the question in the other section :)

If someone has other feedbacks, don't hesitate !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)