Multiplayer Object De-Sync?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey yall,

Is there a "option" to stop syncing position and/or angle on a selected instance of a specific object type - or hold/freeze a specific selected instance of the object type that is currently being sync?

I am working on a experiment as instances of a specific object type that or not visible (such as not on screen or not visible etc...) to the peer are no longer sync'd by the host until the peer have vision of the "ghost/hold" object instance.

The purpose of this is to reduce the packets that is being send/received as 100+ objects that is being sync'd where as the angle and position is constantly shifting unpredictably can cause some funny hiccups on longer distances.

The experiment is also relayed behind a TURN server.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated greatly!

• As far as I know, no. There is no ability to turn off the syncing of objects once they're on. This is a massive limitation in C3's multiplayer imo. The only way I know to get around it is to utilize manually sent messages

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The answer is no. Unfortunately. I wish there was. I am facing a very similar problem and only Disable Sync could have helped. I am sure this feature must be possible to create ford the developers.. even if it is bound by other things, they can at least reduce the latency to not slow down the game play and still have a hidden object synced. I mean why not!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)