multi-touch problem in ios

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • youtu.be/3Vo-Tm-EaLg

The phenomenon in the attached image continues to occur.

Occurs from the 40-second position of the image.

Touch operation is not properly recognized.

It is recognized when the jump button is released so that it is not multi-touch.

The test phone is iPhone 10s and does not occur on other iOS devices, iPhone 5s & iPad pro 3.

There is nothing wrong with the Android system, too.

Touch control seems to be a very important issue in action games, but it is hard to find out about this phenomenon.

I have already released the game on App Store.

More and more reviews are saying that playing is difficult due to the same symptoms.

Please tell me how to solve it.

• I don't understand why the player has to hold down the jump button.

Anyway I think your problem is that the Iphone sucks... xd

• doing proper multi-touch is a lot harder than people think!

I have been developing a standard library of routines that I use all the time your years now, and handle all the strange edge-case nightmares that users seem to find.

so, I stripped down a version for you to try out... I don't have an iPhone 10s to test this on, so if there is still a problem, it is a bug in the iOS version on that phone - because there is no way MY code could be wrong! (/sarcasm)

I like to use a sprite object to tack each individual touch. I have seen plenty of awesome examples from people like dop2000 who manage multi-touch with ids (without all the extra overhead I add), but my code is optimised to handle every fringe case I have encountered, and makes adding buttons and function for those buttons to execute really easy. So, take a look, and try it out. I added lots of comments to explain what is going on, but there is a lot involved - so it may not always be clear what it is trying to do.

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/MultiTouch.c3p

• doing proper multi-touch is a lot harder than people think!

I have been developing a standard library of routines that I use all the time your years now, and handle all the strange edge-case nightmares that users seem to find.

so, I stripped down a version for you to try out... I don't have an iPhone 10s to test this on, so if there is still a problem, it is a bug in the iOS version on that phone - because there is no way MY code could be wrong! (/sarcasm)

I like to use a sprite object to tack each individual touch. I have seen plenty of awesome examples from people like dop2000 who manage multi-touch with ids (without all the extra overhead I add), but my code is optimised to handle every fringe case I have encountered, and makes adding buttons and function for those buttons to execute really easy. So, take a look, and try it out. I added lots of comments to explain what is going on, but there is a lot involved - so it may not always be clear what it is trying to do.

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/MultiTouch.c3p

Thank you for your kind efforts in my difficulties.

But the test results are unfortunately the same.

-------

In the meantime, we did more tests and changed the runtime to version c2 to solve it.

However, there are so many changes to be made in the project that we are still at a loss what to do.

• terrylee

Be careful, I would not recommend you to switch to c2 as its much works than that, I had this bug that the whole touch freezes the Gamepad and you cannot do anything until you kill the app and reset it.

Ashley said is not going to fix it as its working ok on C3.

It game me so much trouble and extra work as now I have to develop on c2 and test on c3 due to that bug

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3401

• After changing the runtime to the c2 version, turn off the webGL option to completely resolve it.

I wonder what's causing this.

It's very hard to change a project in this way.

Please HELP!!

• I do not answer my question, if you do not provide more information about how your game works, few solutions can be given.

• I do not answer my question, if you do not provide more information about how your game works, few solutions can be given.

In the video, it is a jump button, but it can be a defense button.

The same thing happens even without a player, even though I set it up as a jump to help with an example.

Anyway, in my project, two buttons touch at the same time very often.

One of the two buttons does not touch even if you do not hold the button and touch it at the same time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Pressing 2 buttons are problems, the only solution is to change the control.

For example, if you cover yourself with a shield, when you press the button the character uses the shield, when you press it again, jump or perform another action, the character stops using the shield.

Sorry but it's the only solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)