MobileAdvert - Very unstable Match Rate

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
snake and ladder game with two characters: turtle and rabbit!
  • Hi,

Here is a screenshot of my Admob Match Rate:

I'm using Construct default Mobile exporter since October 31 (I was using Cocoon before that).

As you can see in the screenshot, the match rate became very unstable after the update (it starts acting weirdly after the first December, so ~1 month later after the update).

Here is the events I'm using to display interstitial:

I was using "show: true" when creating the interstitial but users complained about Ads being shown while they were playing instead on start of the layout.. so I changed to "is interstitial loaded" before showing it.

Am I still doing it wrong or should it be working as intended ?

• From that logic I'm not sure how you would show the advert unless you have other events not shown here. You ask on start of layout if it's loaded which it will never be because you didn't create it yet, else create it but not show it.

• Very bad logic, do you load the ads on some other layout? also it sounds like bad gaming experience to start with ad when you start to play...? I would close down the game directly

Normal logic is often

Start of layout: Load ad

When you die: show the scores/continue screen with ad, or possible show the ad when the player choose to continue and play again. then show it before the actual game play starts. not during!

just some tip :)

• Why is the logic bad? He preloads an ad and then waits 4 rounds/levels before he shows it to the user.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From that logic I'm not sure how you would show the advert unless you have other events not shown here. You ask on start of layout if it's loaded which it will never be because you didn't create it yet, else create it but not show it.

Yes if it's not loaded, then create it so it won't be shown on the current layout but on the next one or on restart. (I believe a loaded ad stay loaded on layout change, right ?)

fredriksthlm It's not shown during gameplay, but just on start of the layout, in my game, each level layout got a little camera intro (skippable) so the player is not actually playing the game, that's when the interstitial is displayed (hopefully just before the camera intro)

• Sorry, maybe need to refrain it according to boulerzzz comment. Did not see the last event. and the counters. thought you just showed an ad directly when the player wants to start the game.

Accoring to Google, you have perfect 100% match most of the days, but some specific days you have like 25% or 50%? This is odd, indeed.

• Sorry, maybe need to refrain it according to boulerzzz comment. Did not see the last event. and the counters. thought you just showed an ad directly when the player wants to start the game.

Accoring to Google, you have perfect 100% match most of the days, but some specific days you have like 25% or 50%? This is odd, indeed.

No problem ;)

Yes this is odd, I just had a response from Admob Support but I'm still trying to figure out why my match Rate is so unstable now. The low Match Rate is mostly happening when I have high network requests, really unsure what I can do about it.. If I need to change the logic I'm using or if it's something else.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)