MobileAdvert - Show AD free option

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • How it works exactly the option "Show AD free option" on the MobileAdvert-Plugin? I can't find anything about that in the documentation. !?

I see the option in my smartphone, but when i'm click on it - nothing ?!

Tagged:

• Any informations about that? Ashley Nepeo

• The option basically allows for a "pay for no ads" model in your app. When the user consent dialog is shown ( European Economic Area only ) it will contain the "ad free" option if you have enabled it. When selected by the user it sets the user personalisation state to "UNKNOWN" which prevents adverts from being shown.

It's up to you as a developer if you want to offer an ad free option and what the restrictions are.

EDIT: the documentation could probably do with updating... I'll put it on the TODO list.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The option basically allows for a "pay for no ads" model in your app. When the user consent dialog is shown ( European Economic Area only ) it will contain the "ad free" option if you have enabled it. When selected by the user it sets the user personalisation state to "UNKNOWN" which prevents adverts from being shown.

It's up to you as a developer if you want to offer an ad free option and what the restrictions are.

EDIT: the documentation could probably do with updating... I'll put it on the TODO list.

Ok, thank you. But how can i check on condition the player has clicked on the "pay for no ads" button? A simpel workflow would be nice :)

• Unfortunately the consent SDK doesn't actually store if the "ad free" option has been chosen. While we could pass through through the response immediately after the user has chosen "ad free" we can't pass through that value on subsequent runs. Additionally there is a slight frustration that you cannot display the dialog outside of the EEA, I filed a request with the Admob team quite some time ago about this but they haven't responded. So if you wanted to offer an "ad free" option outside the EEA you would need a separate flow. Which is frustrating, the option is mostly exposed because the SDK offers it...

But if you did want to use it I would say the best route would be to initially check if the user has paid for ad free, or whatever restriction you've decided on. If they haven't check what the user personalisation state is. This should be loaded before the runtime starts, so the only ways it could be "UNKNOWN" are if the user consent hasn't ever been shown or if Ad free was selected. So show the user consent dialog, once it's completed the "Configuration complete" condition will trigger. If the value is still "UNKNOWN" then they chose the "ad free" option.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)