mobile support...or tablet...etc

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Hey,

I check the other news about the compatibility with the mobile...and... I'm not surprised, because if construct3 run in the browser is normal that will be compatible....as every modern responsive website...

what is the real benefit about that?

I don't understand, I start to feel frustrating about that, nobody will use a phone for make games, also tablet, who will works with these device? just for wasting time? Usually I work with 2 monitor and sometimes I feel I need another one!

how can you pretend to make a real game with an android 6" phone? just wasting time... you are making construct3 compatible for all devices but doesn't make any sense to me....same things for linux or mac, yes, nice things, but if someone want contruct3 because is perfect they will get a widnows machine! (if they can buy construct3...) same as everything.... People buy stuff if the need it.... you make an awosome software, and people buy it, they need a pc? they will buy a pc... look apple, they made awsome stuff? people buy it!

everything works like that, you make a good stuff, and people in some way get it!

but for me, how you can pretend me to make games with a phone? maybe, maybe with a tablet (and will be a pain.....), how you make graphics, how edit sounds? you need anyway a computer if you don't want make a pong game... and we want to talk about the mouse?

I made this test and I'm really proud about it:

and I made with construct2, runs perfect and I made a new version with half of events, now, with construct3 what will change? can I publish something like that easly without using any third party or getting frustrated because of the general problem that people talks about for months...? I started to learn unity some months ago... I prefer construct2 because I don't have to much time to get immersive in it...

I think most of people are not interessed using construct3 in a browser... now for example I'm in another country, and I easly download 50mb of construct2, what will change if I could access on internet? just because of the cloud? I can use my cloud to do that...

how you should make stuff in 6" screen? or a tablet? the battery? everything sounds hard to me... I want to make games, application not a pong game... construct2 can do this, but for publish is really really hard... I'm waiting for a news like " you can export your game and will work good as other engines", I don't care about mobile version (I will never use it, and I think most of the people will not do it)

sorry for this post, I'm a big supporter of construct2 and scirra team, but I don't really understand... I hope for the export options, I want to see that works like others serius engine, I don't want a toy.

I don't want to see the same end as swishmax...

• saying alot to say nothing , dude , the community asked for Linux and Mac they got what they want , who did tickle you or force you to use it on mobile ????

And they said , they will create a standalone version for windows , linux and mac.

In my case 2 hours each day in a bus , at least i can progress on my projects even 0.1% , it's always progress

dont be selfish and think about yourself

one last thing "swishmax" is dead because of HTML5 power which is not the case of scirra , The cloud , the web , HTML are the future

• saying alot to say nothing , dude , the community asked for Linux and Mac they got what they want , who did tickle you or force you to use it on mobile ????

And they said , they will create a standalone version for windows , linux and mac.

In my case 2 hours each day in a bus , at least i can progress on my projects even 0.1% , it's always progress

one last thing "swishmax" is dead because of HTML5 power which is not the case of scirra , The cloud , the web , HTML are the future

Christ, you are such a fanboy...

ok, people ask for linux and mac support... and the browser could be a perfect solution for that in a easy way, but for mobile? who care?

what kind of game you can make in 6" screen? do you think you are able to make a full game using just a phone? seriusly? how much time will take to use a phone? do your phone has a super power battery to stay in a browser and work on it? what kind of game do you want to make? pong game with 20 events? how you can make 1000 event and menage in a 6" screen? without a mouse? without a keyboard?!?

I'm not think about myself, I want the best for construct3 because I belive about the powerfull of that software, I could see with construct2, I learn to use construct2 in less than 1 week, I use different software before construct2 (click & play when I was 8, swishmax, flash, corona...), and if I choose construct2 is because is fast and the performance is pretty good if you work good.

do you think people who use mac doesnn't have enough money to get a 200$ computer? what people prefer? a perfect software in one machine, or the same software as construct2 in more machine? I use mac and pc, but if I need a specific software I use the right machine to do that....

we want construct3 as a toy or a serius software to make games and application? because with construc2 you can make a serius application as a serius game... do you think who works in a specific position use a mobile for works? or a tablet?

swishmax end because of html5 and because was using action script... made by who?

how you export game in construct2? what happen if the third party stop to work? how you can get work your application?

if you ask people here... ask them, if they prefer a good exporter withouth any frustation or the web verision with a mobile support... ask them... why people are moving to others software? because of that, people want to make game or app that works when they finish it.

ah, And I will buy construct3 for sure, because I love construct2 and I want support them, but I want to know, who will use construct3 in android phone... seriusly? what app do you use for make sprite, animation or others? make on your computer, transfer inside the phone and touch the screen 1000 time when you can use a laptop? lol

HTML5 power which is not the case of scirra , The cloud , the web , HTML are the future

yes...is the future... but it depend what software do you use... is the future of scirra if you can't export good? or the future of other engine who use the same tecnlogy but it works?!? unity can export for web, yoyogames the same, so? what we are talking about? I start to use html when I was 11 and I published my first website, and I moved to swishmax because I could do cool stuff with the action script and the animation.... now, why I should move to construct3? because I can use from the web? is noting new... I see a lot of software doing that... nothing is change from construct2, it's changed just the use of the software...nothing important in my opinion

• Theres also these things called tvs.

People occasionally hook up consoles to them.

I hear tales of people hooking up little black boxes to them.

I've even heard something about hooking up a raspberry one time.

I tell ya the world's done gone crazy.

• I can see events being done on a phone. Looking through, fixing bugs.

But otherwise I think it is just a "bonus" feature really.

but now I can't do it anyway because of iOS-ness.

• I can see events being done on a phone. Looking through, fixing bugs.

But otherwise I think it is just a "bonus" feature really.

but now I can't do it anyway because of iOS-ness.

Events being done on phone? it depends what game or app you are building....is is 20 events game just go with pure c# or unity and publish witouth any problem... you can't make any serius game with the phone... it's just impossible, I mean, is possible but someone has to be stupid to prefer the phone when you can use a laptop or pc with the keyboard, mouse and be 200 much faster...

6" screen, seriusly? after 2 minuts of "works" and touch I just will slam the phone on the ground... how you make the animation? the frame? the sounds? everything? everytime you have to touch, go back, retouch, open a fake keyboard on screen (make a screen smaller) bla bla bla... it's just sounds crazy...

• Then clearly that feature isn't aimed at you. Sheesh. I would never use a phone for my primary development, but tweaking stuff when I'm out in the rest of my life away from my computer? Heck yeah, I'll do that. You already admitted the browser is a good way to allow for cross-compatibility. Why is it a problem to support even more devices? An android tablet with a keyboard can be a great way to get some stuff done on the go when you can't always have your computer with you. Same with a chromebook for that matter.

• Ribis

I made this test and I'm really proud about it:

and I made with construct2

You should hire a graphic designer / design team and build a real game. If you made that with C2 you have real talent. Good job.

And as a side note, I use C2 in my touch screen tablet sometimes. Honestly it's one of those things that you think will be cool until you actually try it.

• Ribis

bro, it's just a plus that comes from cross compatibility. Take it as an opportunity for you to go through your own code anywhere even in your toilet. Let's face it, you can't ditch your laptop or PC for mobile just because it is multiplatform. Again, its a plus that comes with it. So much for the rant and in the end you just want the export to be non-HTML5, which of course I will link that blog again: https://www.scirra.com/blog/ashley/28/t ... ve-engines

In any case if this is even related to your tittle, exporting just HTML5 is not a child's play.

Edit: Oh and by the way, wait for next week's news as there will be the "real" features you looking for.

• > saying alot to say nothing , dude , the community asked for Linux and Mac they got what they want , who did tickle you or force you to use it on mobile ????

> And they said , they will create a standalone version for windows , linux and mac.

> In my case 2 hours each day in a bus , at least i can progress on my projects even 0.1% , it's always progress

>

> dont be selfish and think about yourself

>

> one last thing "swishmax" is dead because of HTML5 power which is not the case of scirra , The cloud , the web , HTML are the future

>

Christ, you are such a fanboy...

hihihii yes I am :p :p

• Then clearly that feature isn't aimed at you. Sheesh. I would never use a phone for my primary development, but tweaking stuff when I'm out in the rest of my life away from my computer? Heck yeah, I'll do that. You already admitted the browser is a good way to allow for cross-compatibility. Why is it a problem to support even more devices? An android tablet with a keyboard can be a great way to get some stuff done on the go when you can't always have your computer with you. Same with a chromebook for that matter.

I want to say,..it's a problem when this feature is one of the best...I mean, the second news was the mobile platform...I would like to see something else, construct2 do the same things as construct3 for now.... use the software on internet...? what is new? there are a lot of software like that.... I don't says is a problem, I want try to say that is not the most important thing, because nobody will use a phone for build a game, also a tablet... the tecnology is going even better, like surface pro, tablet/laptop... why use a tablet when you could use a laptop or a pc? someone who want to use construct3 to build a serius app will not use a tablet or a phone... if you want to make a nice game or app you should have already a computer to do that right? so...

Ribis

> I made this test and I'm really proud about it:

and I made with construct2

>

You should hire a graphic designer / design team and build a real game. If you made that with C2 you have real talent. Good job.

And as a side note, I use C2 in my touch screen tablet sometimes. Honestly it's one of those things that you think will be cool until you actually try it.

Thank you, I'm a graphic designer too but I don't have time to make any graphics, I have a surface pro 3 and I don't see any special feature... I mean, is an web app, nothing special, it is a hard work for scirra team but for me doesn't change anything, if you want to make software to fit to some device you have to make a "special" feature of that device... a responsive app?... no, thank you, I want a software that make you easy the work... and work in mobile is not easy, same for the tablet... it's easier with a laptop or a pc for sure... When i'm making something I have a lot of software, photoshop, illustrator...etc... how I could use in a tablet?

Ribis

bro, it's just a plus that comes from cross compatibility. Take it as an opportunity for you to go through your own code anywhere even in your toilet. Let's face it, you can't ditch your laptop or PC for mobile just because it is multiplatform. Again, its a plus that comes with it. So much for the rant and in the end you just want the export to be non-HTML5, which of course I will link that blog again: https://www.scirra.com/blog/ashley/28/t ... ve-engines

In any case if this is even related to your tittle, exporting just HTML5 is not a child's play.

Edit: Oh and by the way, wait for next week's news as there will be the "real" features you looking for.

when I go to the toilet I want to relax don't continue my project in a 6" screen...lol... I don't say export in HTML5 is a child's play, I say making game with the phone is a child's game, because with a mobile you can't make a game, with a tablet will be harder than a pc, who want to make a game doesn't use a tablet... this is for sure....it's jsut make everything harder...

I'm waiting for see the export mode, I'm happy if construct3 has this cool feature that I will never use because for me doesn't make any sense...I want to see something new, for now is the same as construct2...let's see

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The phone/tablet thing is actually one of the few things that has got me excited again about Construct 3. No one will be developing a whole game on one. But for troubleshooting/bugs or testing quick ideas on the go it will be absolutely fantastic. I love the idea of being able to work out problems and squash bugs in my lunchbreak or boring downtime when I'm out somewhere, it will allow for better quality dev time when I'm actually sat at my computer. If you have a phone with a stylus there are some good animation programs out there too so you'll actually be able to do pretty good gamedev on the go. None of Scirra's competitors offer anything like that, so it is actually innovative. Whether it's useful or not to the majority of users is another thing altogether though.

• Game dev im mobile devicesis not a great and new issue, gdevelop (http://compilgames.net) worked a long time with this feature. By the way... I take a look in gdevelop and for my surprise it´s an open source with a lot of features and workflow similar with C2. Looking it for future references...

And IMHO, it´s a litlle candy to calm down a frustrated child... Really, I fell like a child in christmas without any santa´s gift...

• Not to mention SuperPowers is a whole HTML5-based editor for much more than games too (but is also a cool way to make 3D games in real-time collaboratively with many users at once working on the same or other projects on a server).

It was fun to toy with on mobile + Xbox One, but more of a "that's neat" or "debug help" than a must-have feature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)