Mobile IAP - Pending payment

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Hello! I noticed that Google offers regional payment methods and some of them can take a while to be approved, or depend on an external action from the user to complete the payment and in these cases, the game gives the digital item right away without the payment being done. If the payment depends on external action from the user, they won’t complete the payment because they already got the digital item. I would like to know if this is a bug of Construct 3 or if there is a way to get around this situation, making sure that the item bought is only available when the payment is actually done.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is not a bug, if you have purchases you need to get used to the fact that in the developer console can always hang a lot of payments without confirmation.

My example.

• I've only tested IAPs on iOS TestFlight so far and not on Google Play, but just wondering whether you're giving the IAP "on purchase success" when "on product owned" or "on transaction finished" might work better?

• I give a purchase to a player after this event.

(+ aInAp: On product "id" purchase success)

• I've only tested IAPs on iOS TestFlight so far and not on Google Play, but just wondering whether you're giving the IAP "on purchase success" when "on product owned" or "on transaction finished" might work better?

You are correct. My project is old, and it was set up to make the item available immediately upon purchase, instead of making it available only upon the 'conclusion of the transaction.' I believe that this 'Upon completing the transaction' option is more recent than my project.

• This is the order of events according to the manual:

On performing a successful purchase:

1. On purchase success
    2. On transaction finished
    3. On product owned

So I believe the safest option is to give the IAP only "On product owned"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)