Mobile Advert (Admob) on Android crashes app

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic template for any App you'd like to create (with texts informations, links and some special plugins).
  • Heyho!

I have a weird problem with my freshly released app.

I'm using the Mobile Advert plugin to show Admob banners and interstitials.

On iOS everything works great. But on quite a lot of Android phones my app crashes at the moment the banner is loaded. Not everytime, but every third or fourth time. Once the game doesn't crash, everything seems to be stable until the end. At least, that's what is reported to me by users.

I can't reproduce the error, cause everything works as expected on my Motorola G6 using Android 9. So, I guess it can't be a problem with an improper configuration.

This is what Google says about the crashes:

Anyone knows about this libGLESv2_adreno.so?

Here you can get the app, if you want to test or reproduce the error:

play.google.com/store/apps/details

Btw: I tried several versions, with and without user consent dialog, with all creations "On configuration complete" and even with a simple "autoshow"-Banner on startup (of the second layout). Error stays the same.

It really drives me mad, cause I don't know what to change.

Any help is totally welcome!

Thank you & cheers!

Sascha

Btw: I really love Construct 3!

• libGLESv2_adreno.so is the device's graphics driver. Unfortunately these issues are notoriously difficult to fix. The device's graphics chip manufacturer has to fix it, and it's traditionally proven very difficult to even report such issues to graphics manufacturers, let alone get them to fix it.

Your best bet is probably to file an issue with Google at crbug.com with as many details as you can provide, and hopefully they can find a way to work around the problem.

• Thanks, Ashley for your fast reply!

Seems that I have to live with that error at the moment.

But I'm sure I'm not the only one with a problem like this, so chances are, that it could get fixed.

Maybe still anyone knows a way to avoid these crashes? Or a quick and dirty workaround?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, Ashley for your fast reply!

Seems that I have to live with that error at the moment.

But I'm sure I'm not the only one with a problem like this, so chances are, that it could get fixed.

Maybe still anyone knows a way to avoid these crashes? Or a quick and dirty workaround?

Could you check the log and see what is that produce the crash?

• Unfortunately I can't, because everything works fine on my phone.

But I see the crashes in the Google console and users are telling me so.

• After some more searching for that "libGLESv2_adreno.so" error, I found this bug report from last octobre: github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/3377

Seems that it has nothing to do with the adverts, but with the display properties of the project.

Solution: Since setting "Sampling" in the project properties to "Nearest" (instead of "Trilinear" before), it seems that the game no longer causes any crashes. :-)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)