Mesh Loader

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
mesh 3D objects "hemisphere, oval, tunnel and other various shapes."
  • Here's an example of using json to load a mesh:

dropbox.com/s/uvxjqbhg54xsmm6/zload.c3p

The "model" used has a grid of 100x100 for 10k faces.

I start to dip fps with 9 instances so about 90k is my max.

You can test your own system by clicking the button and dragging the instance around.

Please post your results if you feel like sharing. It would be a good idea to figure out how much we can do with the feature.

• Wow, man, this is crazy! Very interesting test.

On my pc it runs smoothly until too many objects are loaded.

Whenever I drag one of them around cpu goes up about 10% and gpu goes to ~8. When 15+ objects are present cpu jumps up to 40 and gpu goes to 25. Fps is stable, but I think too much objects will surely drop it. Lookng forward for more stuff in this drection!

I have corei7

and geforce gtx 1060 6gb

• Thanks!

My card: GeForce GT 710 2gb

Yeah I think those are predictable stats, since your system is beefier than mine.

• RTX 3080

Changed out the text object for a sprite font, since it's being updated every tick.

Probably more helpful to locate the point at which it drops in stability while moving but I got drawn in to the design it was forming, I might need to add a save and load / delete objects to properly test this.

Technical question:

The sprite is manipulated by setting it to JSON, with the z manipulation essentially forming a height map? How did you go about creating the JSON, was it automated based on the sprite?

• Ahh, I see, so you are using the alpha of a pixel at a coordinate as the Z value. Interesting.

You mentioned animating, would this be based on multiple set JSON actions or altering the JSON of the sprite directly?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lol. Yeah animating from json does pose a few issues. It is possible to read the json data via the json object, and then interpolate it, but honestly I would probably use a depth map.

I haven't looked at the C3 json data, but manipulating points that actually change rather than sampling an entire grid, then setting an entire grid would be a better method.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)