Mesh with collision polygon

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
mesh 3D objects "hemisphere, oval, tunnel and other various shapes."
  • Ashley before I go and make a bug report I figured I better get a better understanding of how exactly the mesh feature is supposed to interact with collision polygons.

My understanding is that the polygon should contort to match what the mesh deform does, within reason. Obviously overlapping, and odd angles might not work.

If you take a look at this project:

dropbox.com/s/wv44tu2wlncftam/polypointsmeshbug.c3p

You see that just setting the mesh changes the polygon, and even looses a point.

Then if you try to move the mesh the collision polygon just distorts to cover the top, but places all the points at the top of the mesh. Leaving only the top of the object usable for collisions.

• I don't think it's a bug. The number of collision poly points will necessarily increase to handle mesh distortion. However your project file does not handle a varying number of poly points - it looks like it only creates a fixed number on startup and ignores changes to PolyPointCount.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, I wasn't expecting the count to change. I just figured the polygon would to stretch with what it had.

Nice that it anticipates additional segments.

The intent here was to create something like a 9patch. I'm trying to think of a way to deal with the change. Obviously destroying and creating objects all the time is not ideal.

Storing the count in a variable might work. Requesting a condition to check might be a bit too niche.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)