How to making money with C3 Free version?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • For me, my background is Java Web Programmer, i got money from that to buy C2 and C3 full version.

BUT

how about someone that doesn't have job yet and want "only" to be indie game developer or at least getting income from game that he/she created?

it's very difficult for me to recommending the Construct 3 engine to someone new, because as i know the best way to get income is from ads in mobile game.

but in C3 you must need full version for exporting to android.

when you can't get income from free version, how you can buy the full version of it?

has anyone have idea how to get income from free version of C3?? or the only answer is get income from other work first to buy C3 full version?

• Deceit, you get a gold medal in your avatar if you own a construct 3 license.

also

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry I'm not buy C3 yet and might buy in the future.

I bought c2 with different email (work email).

But what i meant is I'm capable to buy it because i have different work/job before.

Ok i Miss that part, so C3 free version only for hobbyst then.

So i need to recommend other engine to a newbie. A bit sad tho, because i like C3, i think C3 is a easiest engine to start as serious game developer from zero from someone who doesn't have coding background...

• Ok i Miss that part, so C3 free version only for hobbyst then.

The same goes for Construct 2.

So i need to recommend other engine to a newbie. A bit sad tho, because i like C3, i think C3 is a easiest engine to start as serious game developer from zero from someone who doesn't have coding background...

Well, if someone with no experience wants to get into games, the first thing to think about is not making money.

And as you mentioned, C3 is a perfect entry way for someone with no experience to start learning and gaining experience.

When the person actually manages to gain more experience and knowledge, then it is time to think about monetization and check the various options available, at this moment.

• When the person actually manages to gain more experience and knowledge, then it is time to think about monetization and check the various options available, at this moment.

ok maybe the flow or case like this..

a person who interest in making game can learn from let's say C2/C3 free version.

then when they got used to it, still they will need to learn or look for other engine to getting some income and then use the money to purchase C3 full version.

that's the only option for newcomer right now i think. which that person might be not coming back to C3 again because the person already mastering the other engine which maybe more powerful, and skipped using C3 entirely..

sorry it is just my thought tho, because every time i recommend Construct to newcomer they always ask "is it free? i don't have any money to start with"

• that's the only option for newcomer right now i think. which that person might be not coming back to C3 again because the person already mastering the other engine which maybe more powerful, and skipped using C3 entirely..

If you master another engine already, you possibly won't be interested by Construct 3.

For a lot of "non-coders" though, Construct 3 is a solution worth investing in.

And if you are a complete newcomer, hone your craft.

Construct is not a "toy", it is a powerful tool. Anyone serious about using a professional tool must be ready to pay the price for it, especially when you are counting on making money from the usage of that tool.

And if you are serious about making games and earning money from them, to purchase the software, save on the side while you are learning.

This way, the moment you really want/need to purchase, you have the fund to do so.

Those are, in my opinion, sensible advices to give to newcomers.

• okay i get the point.

thank you Kyatric for the reply and suggestion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)