Looking for inspiration to create a simple game (my first)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello,

all is in the title, i had a project with a friend to do a game few months ago, we were beginners in making games, we did the same mistake than so many beginners do : we were too ambitious about the project and my friend gave up.

Anyway, i would like do a game by myself then but very simple, can be very short (less than one hour) or based on the scoring but im lack inspiration, can you give me game's ideas?

the idea just need respect there conditions :

-The mechanics need to be simple

-Not too many sprites if possible

-A game not too long to code

Thank you in advance for your answers.

• Open the C3 start page and check out the game templates and examples - there are lots of simple games there to get you going.

Whilst playing through the examples have a think how you could modify the mechanics to make them more interesting and extend the gameplay.

I put together this tutorial a while back that you might find useful:

construct.net/en/tutorials/designing-itsy-bitsy-games-1116

• Thank you for your reply, im gonna read your tutorial and looking games, maybe on itchio too to get inspiration

• Ummm, you can create bro but before you take step watch this video in this video check top 10 ways to come up with game ideas! Video link: youtube.com/watch

Gud luck for the future.

• Thanks, im gonna look this tonight :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ummm, you can create bro but before you take step watch this video in this video check top 10 ways to come up with game ideas! Video link: youtube.com/watch

Gud luck for the future.

Nice video, thanks for posting this. I discovered that my inspirations follow right along with his '10' list. The current inspiration came from playing a game and thinking, I can make this better. Another came from an experiment on these forums which lead to a game jam which led to a game that I think, I can do better.

• You did not post the most important thing; what kind of games do you like? Shooters, sports games, platformers, something else?

First you should start with that, much more fun creating something you like, then decide how simple it can be and how to do it.

• The GMTK Game Jam was fairly recently, there's normally a Youtube video that goes with it show off the best games. It doesn't appear that this years has been published yet but you always look at last years. There's normally some very interesting entries and it takes place over a weekend so won't be too complex.

• Try thinking of some of the earliest arcade games or board games and try to recreate them. Like pong, breakout, pacman, worm, tic tac toe ect.

My first project was a battleships type game.

• Hey, Bruh

You just need little bit of motivation then you will start and finishit easily.

I've a motivation video for you watch it with your friend who gave up.

Video Link: youtube.com/watch

Thanks me later. :-)

oneworldrental.ca/epos-kit-hire

• Hey Vanelloppe18!

There's this course which, among other things, guides you on how to conceive new ideas for games. It's very basic, but it will help.

It's not free, but if you click on my invite link (active until Aug 31st) you'll get US$ 5,00 in credits...

Also, you can check this nice article.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Gud luck for the future.

Hi, What Is a good Programming language to start making games ?

Maybe Godot!?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)