Local storage on mobile

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hi there, I am fairly new to construct 3 but I have used gamemaker for years. One of the projects I am working on is a flappy bird clone and since Apple doesn’t like flappy clones they won’t let my post it on AppStore. So to make the game mobile friendly I am using local storage to save the high score. Since my intention is for user to play on mobile browser I thought local storage was gonna work. When I am in the editor it works fine wether I am working on it on my phone or Mac. But when I play the game in itch it seems to work fine until I clear the browser from recent apps(kill the browser) but when I run it saves and I clear the tab it also works. It only doesn’t work when I clear the browser from recent apps. Note I have not tested this on android only ios

• 'It works fine' 'It doesn't work', what are you referring to ? If you clear the browser local data yes it will wipe the save data.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sorry about the confussion, i wrote that on my phone. so local storage works on all browser but ios browser. when i play the game on my iphone it works only when i close the tab. when i actually close the browser from recent apps the local storage doesnt work anymore. I tested the game on safari, google app, and google chrome

• You still didn't answer the question about what you think is broken or not working as expected. I will take a guess that you are saying the save data is cleared when you close Safari and when you reopen the game in browser it has cleared save games, maybe this is a setting on your device. Feel free to submit a bug if you think there's no way around it.

• that is what im saying. just to make sure it wasnt my device i had my wife and my mother in law try it on their iphones and yet again when i close the browser the sava data is no longer there.

• But the exact same game version is saving as you would expect in a browser on android? Not sure if you can set up Safari to block the storing of local data, maybe it's possible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)