I did find a good solution to my problem.
I have enabled hardware acceleration and I played a bit with the flags.
The one to which I pointed my finger was this one:
"Choose ANGLE graphics backend"
Choose the graphics backend for ANGLE. D3D11 is used on most Windows computers by default. Using the OpenGL driver as the graphics backend may result in higher performance in some graphics-heavy applications, particularly on NVIDIA GPUs. It can increase battery and memory usage of video playback. – Windows
This flag has the following options:
I've tried all of them and here are the results:
- Default --> has the problem --> game speed OK
- OpenGL --> it is OK --> game speed slow
- D3D11 --> it is OK --> game speed OK
- D3D9 --> has the problem --> game speed OK (this is probably used as default)
- D3D11on12 --> it is OK --> game speed slow
It seems the right configuration form my PC is D3D11.
I don't know if this might tell you something but at the end solved my issue.
Thanks for your help