Lag spikes on start up with Facebook Instant Games

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Ready to use construct 3 game template and release to mobile divice.
  • Hi all,

I've noticed that when I export my games for the instant games platform, there is a considerable stutter a few seconds after the game begins. This only occurs on mobile, however I do not run into this issue when I am running the game from the mobile version of the construct app.

It has been reproducible on a few games, and I am wondering if this is a common issue...

Thanks friends!

• You could check in the bugtracker if there were reports of a similar issue.

A quick search on my end did not give results that there were.

Does it happen with all games or only specific ones ?

A report in the bugtracker would allow the team to investigate the issue and see if there is something that can be done on their end.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Upon looking through the Bug Tracker forum I don't see anything similar to my issue. And yes it appears to happen with every game I upload to Facebook'stest servers. I have even tried uploading a game that was lag free in the past as a test.

I am trying to ponder how I would approach submitting a bug report for this. Because the lag is never within construct. The games run smoothly on the mobile phone app and the desktop version as well. The lag only appears when it is hosted on a test server on Facebook development servers.

• Bump! I've also noticed this on projects I upload to instant games. They are pretty light weight games but on mobile it always freezes for about 1-2 seconds after being loaded for a bit. Like Zoazo says, its not reproducible within the construct editor or when testing on a phone, making a bug report a little problematic for the construct team to sort out...

• The games run smoothly on the mobile phone app and the desktop version as well. The lag only appears when it is hosted on a test server on Facebook development servers.

This is pretty good evidence the issue is with the Facebook Instant Games platform and not Construct. That means there's not much we can do about it if you report it to us. You can report issues directly to Facebook here: https://developers.facebook.com/support/bugs/

• I've heard that other games regardless of the engine are having this issue as well. So indeed its an Facebook issue.

• BTW let me know if you do file an issue - I'd be happy to follow it and explain any Construct-specific details that come up (if any).

• Thanks for all the replies! As of right now i'm of the same opinion that it is probably a Facebook issue.However if i do submit a ticket I will let you know.

• Facebook (IG team) are aware of the issue and are working on a solution.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)