Who knows why there is a sound lag when interacting on android devices?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • The feeling is very annoying when you play and everything seems to be fine, but when you press or any sound starts up, the delay is triggered, I don’t know how much it takes a fraction of a second, but it is much larger so as not to notice it! This greatly spoils the credibility of the game or application and if you think that it depends on the settings (preload or adding sounds to a specific folder) you are mistaken. I tried all the methods and I always observe lags before starting the sound, this greatly affects small sound effects (button presses, explosions, bullet shots, shots, etc.). With music, this effect is not significantly noticeable since the music does not affect the gameplay and can start with a delay of ~ 1 second. But when you press the button and the level opens and you are already in the level, only the click of the button is played, and a similar effect is everywhere ... I respect Scirra and love Construct 3 and the third year I already pay for the subscription, but guys, you need this bug fix it with all your might, as sound is the most important part in the game!

• I have not had this issue when making Android apps. There is a delay for audio files in the 'music' folder, but not for the 'sounds' folder.

Can you make a stand alone example of an empty game that plays a sound on every touch to see if you can reproduce it? and make sure its nothing in your game?

• Yes, I made an empty example using the latest release of c3 and I observe a sound delay of 0.5-1 seconds after clicking on the buttons. one sound is added to the sound folder of the other in music but both options have the same delay of about 0.5-1 second. The project is completely empty has 2 plugins sounds, touch and has 2 actions.This bug is related to construct, I think that it affects all devices, since I tested on LG SONY SAMSUNG and everyone has a delay.

• According to this Chrome issue, it is mainly due to Android devices not supporting low latency playback, or being misconfigured and the device indicating it does not support it when it can. It looks like a difficult issue to resolve, since it's hard to tell between a device that is misconfigured and says it doesn't support low latency audio when it really does, and a device that is correctly configured and truly doesn't support low latency audio.

• According to this Chrome issue, it is mainly due to Android devices not supporting low latency playback, or being misconfigured and the device indicating it does not support it when it can. It looks like a difficult issue to resolve, since it's hard to tell between a device that is misconfigured and says it doesn't support low latency audio when it really does, and a device that is correctly configured and truly doesn't support low latency audio.

I've released my first game with audio delays too. It doesn't matter if you put the audio files in the "sound" or "music" folder, the delay is still there once you build the apk.

So is there any workaround to solve this?

• So is there a solution/workaround for the audio delay at the moment? I've been working on a platformer project for nearly a month now, and everytime I build an apk to test it on mobile phones, the audio delay is there and is very noticeable (around 0.5-1 sec). The only thing left for my project is designing the levels and then work on the ads, then probably release the game, and it would be so frustrating to see the game finished with the audio not working properly.

• So is there a solution/workaround for the audio delay at the moment? I've been working on a platformer project for nearly a month now, and everytime I build an apk to test it on mobile phones, the audio delay is there and is very noticeable (around 0.5-1 sec). The only thing left for my project is designing the levels and then work on the ads, then probably release the game, and it would be so frustrating to see the game finished with the audio not working properly.

I think that the problem cannot be solved on its own, I will have to experience a delay on some devices. In general, I removed the sound from some games because of this bug))

• I think that the problem cannot be solved on its own, I will have to experience a delay on some devices. In general, I removed the sound from some games because of this bug))

This is just sad...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • try to preload all sounds / music before game start

• try to preload all sounds / music before game start

I did, unfortunately didn't work.

• what does your export process look like?

I haven't made a new apk since Cocoon, but I literally have a Construct game I made and its on my Android phone right now; the sfx are flawless and I'm also a musician so I understand latency.

I would try to regress the export (use older versions) somehow and do some tests to see at what point this problem occurs.

• You can just export an apk from the Menu>export in the C3 editor. Now that you mentioned it, my first game was compiled using Cocoon.Io and I did not experience any audio problem.

I'm not sure how to get back to older versions either.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)