Instant Games Plugin - Needed implementations

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Antisuspend Plugin for Construct 3 prevents the runtime from getting suspended.
  • Just a question, is it any differences with the new export other than the app-config file?

Currently it just adds the config file. But also the Instant Games plugin will only initialise if you use the Instant Games export option. This could change in future though - if further Instant Games changes require more changes, they'll be added to the IG exporter too.

• Ashley

Is it possible to configure the "navigation_menu_version" parameter from fbapp-config.json directly in Construct 3?

In some games I need NAV_BAR, and in others NAV_FLOATING.

Of course, it's not difficult for me to rewrite in a file, but not everyone knows it.

• Maybe as a property on the IG object itself?

• Added "On context change cancelled" for next release (looks like it's handled as an error with code "USER_INPUT"; hopefully they don't change that), and a property on the Instant Games plugin for the navigation menu option.

• Great! Thanks Ashley!

• Hi team,

What about the switchAsync() feature? I really need it to directly switch to a specific context. Please support asap. Thanks very much

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Ashley

Sorry for bothering you again, but now we'll need a callback or expression that returns getSupportedAPIs()

Without that, C3 games that uses switchGameAsync() will be blocked on IOS devices: https://www.facebook.com/fbgaminghome/blog/important-updates-to-cross-promotions?tags%5B0%5D=developer_blogs

Also Facebook could create a new restriction at any moment based on deprecated APIs, then I think this funcion is essential.

• You can just check if user are on iOS then hide the gamechange-button (or other stuff in the future).

there will only be restrictions for iOS. never for web or android. due to Apple, so I don't think it will be an issue actually. (I know you have read the comment from Jean Claude about using this function but.. :) )

• You can just check if user are on iOS then hide the gamechange-button (or other stuff in the future).

there will only be restrictions for iOS. never for web or android. due to Apple, so I don't think it will be an issue actually. (I know you have read the comment from Jean Claude about using this function but.. :) )

That solution would work, but I think its not a good pratice. How you can guarantee that other platforms will not have some restriction on the future? Also who knows this restricion could even be removed in the future.

I have dozens of games on IG platform. So I would like to avoid to need to update each game every time facebook enforces new restrictions.

Also I tried to use Jean Claude funcion using Broser.execJS here, but it don't works.

• Well, you can never be sure. That's true. But the restrictions is for iOS, and Apple is the only company that force them to remove stuff. so I would believe that is the only situation.

If they will have new restrictions for other stuff you will need to recode your game in either way, also if you use getSupportedAPIs.

Since getSupportedAPIs will not give you anything before the restriction is introduced. :)

So the only time it will be nice is if they will start to restrict the same functionelity for more than one platform. But if that will happen they will remove that feature toataly instead, and then you will need to recode your game as well hehe.

• So the only time it will be nice is if they will start to restrict the same functionelity for more than one platform. But if that will happen they will remove that feature toataly instead, and then you will need to recode your game as well hehe.

Actually not in that case. If they remove totally a feature for all platforms, that they already removed in IOS before, this feature will not returns in getSupportedAPI(), so what I did for IOS will apply to all platforms without need to update the games.

But I understand that this may not be a biiiig deal at all. But also think its relatively simple to implement. Just a expression returning the supported APIs string would work. We can parse it in our side.

• I've added a condition to check if 'switch game' is supported for the next release. In the mean time I think you can just avoid using it when on iOS.

• Great! Thanks Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)