Instant Games Plugin - Needed implementations

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Antisuspend Plugin for Construct 3 prevents the runtime from getting suspended.
  • The suggestion has 44 votes already. Thank you all!

Unfortunatelly 'no status' yet :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Renfd can you please guide me how to use Instant game plugin(official) and McFacebookInstantExtended (from store) plugins to make turn based facebook instant multiplayer game.

Actually i am making Quiz Game.

Can you please help me .

• Renfd can you please guide me how to use Instant game plugin(official) and McFacebookInstantExtended (from store) plugins to make turn based facebook instant multiplayer game.

Actually i am making Quiz Game.

Can you please help me .

Those plugins doesn't have multiplayer integration. I think you can do it with Multiplayer official Scirra plugin.

• so Renfd you are trying to say i have to use multiplayer plugin+ instant game plugin + instant game extended plugin for making turn based facebook instant game.

Can you please suggest me any blue print which i can follow .

thank you for your support Renfd

• so Renfd you are trying to say i have to use multiplayer plugin+ instant game plugin + instant game extended plugin for making turn based facebook instant game.

Can you please suggest me any blue print which i can follow .

thank you for your support Renfd

If you want turn based with messages between the plays you should follow the Facebook Tic Tac toe guide.

You do not need multiplayer plugin or cubes extended plugin..

If you want realtime functionalities you though need multiplayer plugin, the official, the photon one, or anyone else. This is since Instant games has no reatime multiplayer support in the api. it has nothing to do with the construct IG plugin.

• If you want turn based with messages between the plays you should follow the Facebook Tic Tac toe guide.

You do not need multiplayer plugin or cubes extended plugin..

If you want realtime functionalities you though need multiplayer plugin, the official, the photon one, or anyone else. This is since Instant games has no reatime multiplayer support in the api. it has nothing to do with the construct IG plugin.

it's mean you are saying like i can make turn based facebook instant game(like tic tak toe) with the only use of official instant game plugin and nothing more.

Then i only have to change to fbapp-config.json file according to documentation in facebook instant game.

• the turn based example is made with messages using getentrypointdata.

I do not hink it is supported. i know paala want it.

you might be able to catch it with a javascript

but it does not exist in any other IG plugin either.

i think you need to read the IG sdk first, to really know what you want.

• the turn based example is made with messages using getentrypointdata.

I do not hink it is supported. i know paala want it.

you might be able to catch it with a javascript

but it does not exist in any other IG plugin either.

i think you need to read the IG sdk first, to really know what you want.

what you trying to say i didn't get this line > I do not think it is supported. i know paala want it.

yes we have getentrypointdata in instant game plugin is this is not working or is there is any issue with getentrypintdata

how i able to join javascript and construct at same project or you are saying like i have to do pure coding in javascript and not using construct

My final Question is can i able to make turn based facebook multiplayer instant game in construct or not?

• Ah, then it is possible for sure! 100% doable with construct!

Good luck!

• Ah, then it is possible for sure! 100% doable with construct!

Good luck!

thanks. sounds great :)

ok can you please show me how to use getentrypointdata because this will be my last hope :)

in instant game documentation it is very short .

• Woohoo, new IG functionalities on its way. Thanks Ashley!

• Hey Ashley, thank you very much for the new update!

Just one thing I would like to ask: Could be possible to add the callback event for when the player closes the dialogue(opened by 'Change Context')?

Its a little thing, so think its not feasible to create a new request on the suggestion platform.

• Why do you need it? There doesn't seem to be a very elegant way to do it - Instant Games doesn't distinguish between closing the dialog and the dialog failing to show at all due to an error. (In other words, closing the dialog is an error :P )

• Why do you need it? There doesn't seem to be a very elegant way to do it - Instant Games doesn't distinguish between closing the dialog and the dialog failing to show at all due to an error. (In other words, closing the dialog is an error :P )

There are several games there that calls chooseAsync when the player touch the 'play' button, then the game continues after the player selects a friend or when he closes the dialog.

Example: facebook.com/instantgames/485062721947529

• Ashley Thanks for a great update! I will try all the new events later this week. As you know, this was highly appreciated!

"Note that from this release onwards, you must use the Instant Games export option for the Instant Games plugin to work"

Just a question, is it any differences with the new export other than the app-config file? Some code included/excluded in the runtime if you choose the new IG export? (I know your basic idea with your software is to include "everyting" in the runtime, but I also know you have some platform specific code/workarounds in it..)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)