Importing large C2 projects to C3.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hi guys,

Since C2 is on it's way to the old folks home next year, just having a thought about migrating.

We've got 2x current projects on the go, one of them is using about 1700 events throughout with approx 600 assets, the other is a bit smaller at 1400 events and 340 assets.

Having not used C3 before, is this going to be an issue to import? There's also some 3rd party plugins involved that are no longer maintained, can we use the existing versions of these with C3 projects once imported?

Cheers,

Matt

• It shouldn't be, the C2 project importer is pretty well tested by now. You should be able to import and preview a C2 project with the free edition to see how it works. You should also switch the project to the C3 runtime if you can. If anything goes wrong let me know, I'd be happy to take a look and see if anything is preventing a successful import.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It shouldn't be, the C2 project importer is pretty well tested by now. You should be able to import and preview a C2 project with the free edition to see how it works. You should also switch the project to the C3 runtime if you can. If anything goes wrong let me know, I'd be happy to take a look and see if anything is preventing a successful import.

Brilliant,thanks Ashley that's really helpful of you :)

• Addons is the most tricky part. Some popular addons have been ported for C3 (LiteTween, MoveTo, Pin+ etc.) For others you may need to find an alternative, for example Canvas/Paster can be replaced with the official DrawingCanvas, but of course you'll need to rewrite some events.

Here are some useful links:

construct.net/en/make-games/addons

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/plugin-sdk-10/construct-3-runtime-a-few-cons-137539

github.com/erenertugrul/construct-plugins

• dop2000

That's really helpful, thanks! Most of our addons are weird 3rd party Effects stuff that's been accumulated over the years like an old glowhack and pixelate effect, nothing that couldn't be handled through the art side but obviously current projects have dependencies with them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)