Any Ideas ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Just doing my regular C3 port test and cant get my C2 game to preview with C3 in Chrome (62)

Getting this message on load/run preview

When I click ok, the game and browser tab freezes and becomes unresonsive

is this me ??

Funny thing though if I run from edge and preview in edge with C3 I get the same / similar message but when I press OK the game plays fine as normal.

any ideas ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could it be that you are trying to Z sort something that is on the wrong layer?

• Could it be that you are trying to Z sort something that is on the wrong layer?

Ok Mr tunepunk how'd you know that ? !

disabled my z sorting and all is well

thankyou sir !

except of course now everything in in the wrong z

so.... looks like C3 has exposed a flaw in my infernal shootemacross engine......

hmmm...

So how come I can get away with it in C2 and C3 + edge (i get no such message when running from C2) ?

C3 + Chrome is less forgiving to my amature ways ???

• Just make sure that everything you are Z sorting is on the right layer you should be fine.

To make sure, test your layers by setting visable and invisable then you can find if there is any sprites on the wrong layer.

You can also add this to the start of layout.

On start of layout > Move Sprite(or falily) to layer.... to make sure all sprites you are sorting is on the correct layer.

Or you can add a condition to your Z sort.

"is on layer" that way you will make sure you only z sort thing on that particular layer.

• Just make sure that everything you are Z sorting is on the right layer you should be fine.

To make sure, test your layers by setting visable and invisable then you can find if there is any sprites on the wrong layer.

You can also add this to the start of layout.

On start of layout > Move Sprite(or falily) to layer.... to make sure all sprites you are sorting is on the correct layer.

Or you can add a condition to your Z sort.

"is on layer" that way you will make sure you only z sort thing on that particular layer.

Nice one ... That was exactly the problem. I haven't debugged which are the offending objects but I have verified it by doing a mass move every tick , of all objects that are supposed to be on the z sorting layer , to the z sorting layer.

thanks man,

thing is , im working in C2 and this dosent give any problems in C2

it kinda makes me want to make the transfer to C3 but I was going to wait until we got the all clear from Ashley

• https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r232

In c2 this bug was fixed in this release. I don't know if it was properly fixed for the c3 version as you just stumbled upon it, or if it only happens to imported c2 projects.

I think that's easy to test, so you could probably file a bug for it if it happens again.

• scirra.com/construct2/releases/r232

In c2 this bug was fixed in this release. I don't know if it was properly fixed for the c3 version as you just stumbled upon it, or if it only happens to imported c2 projects.

I think that's easy to test, so you could probably file a bug for it if it happens again.

Interesting...

I wont file a bug for the simple reason that I would prefer to have the warning and even the crash (maybe with a clearer warning about z sorting) rather than having it fool-proofed in the engine

as it indicates to me that I have a problem in my game logic that may be causing other issues that otherwise would never come to light.

rather serendipitously , for example, I have had a bug/issue I have been unable to solve for the past few weeks where some enemies become invincible. And now im almost sure it is related to them being swapped into the wrong layer .

thanks again Mr

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)