HTML5 Export vs C3 Preview

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Is there a major difference between the HTML5 export and the preview within Construct 3?

I have created a multiplayer program (HOST) that needs to be run within OBS Studio using their Browser Source plugin.

I then have another app (PEER) that controls it via a web browser.

Sometimes it will work, but most of the time, the app refuses to connect.

Both programs are hosted on my web server.

I thought that OBS was the problem, but I note that if I try to connect via Construct's preview, it works perfectly every single time. I can then disconnect, and try to connect via html and it'll fail to connect again.

This also happens if I try to run the multiplayer pong game in the same manner.

So yeah, my question is... what is the major difference between an HTML5 export and a preview that might stop this from working?

Are there some settings I can turn on or off to improve the connection between the two?

• are you using ssl on your server? it might need that to connect from the exported version.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • are you using ssl on your server? it might need that to connect from the exported version.

I am using SSL. The two programs are different. Think of one as a game, and the other as a controller.

The strange thing is, if I open the HOST program up in Chrome rather than OBS, it all works fine.

This was working in OBS prior to the latest Construct 3 update.

I just find it odd that the remote still connects in preview, but not in Chrome.

*I should point out that I've tried using OBS Studio, Streamlabs OBS and many others that use the Chromium browser, and this is only a recent issue.

• There should be no major difference between preview and export.

If there is some issue with OBS, it would be best to report it to the OBS developers.

BTW I think the browser source in OBS might be based on an outdated version of Chromium, so that might be causing some issues. It would be more reliable to use an actual browser like Chrome if you can.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)