hey are there anyone here used 2d engines to be able to know which is easiest to use / learn?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • android when commute

that's intersing ppl are able to use mobile for complex/complicated making of stuff

"attach" one sprite to another.

image-points.

dunno what 'sprite' is or any of this, but i guess it likely doesnt matter atm

does anyone have advise on next steps?

so what is suggested now?

do i try construct 2 or is it way inferior that i should try the demo of construct 3, or is that so limited and you wont really understand anything and you should try construct 2?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > android when commute

that's intersing ppl are able to use mobile for complex/complicated making of stuff

> "attach" one sprite to another.

> image-points.

dunno what 'sprite' is or any of this, but i guess it likely doesnt matter atm

does anyone have advise on next steps?

so what is suggested now?

do i try construct 2 or is it way inferior that i should try the demo of construct 3, or is that so limited and you wont really understand anything and you should try construct 2?

I would try the C3 Free Trial and do this tutorial:

construct.net/en/tutorials/beginners-guide-construct-1

As soon as I did this tutorial I knew C3 was the engine for me

• Its hard to ask advice which engine is the easiest to use/learn, because the easiest one will be the one that makes the most sense to YOU.

Basically if the way the developers set up an engine is similar to how you would do it yourself, it will be incredibly easy to learn and use for you, but not necessarily for someone else. If a highly trained and experienced software engineer were to use an engine like C3, it might be very slow (relatively) for them to get what they want done! On the other hand, for me the flow of logic and events in C3 behaves very much in line with how I would have expected it to, therefore it was very easy to pick up.

The best way is to try different engines for yourself and see how far/fast you get with each one. It should be pretty clear after a day or so of experimenting.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)