Help! First time trying to upload APK. Building App Bundle blocked. Gradle update required?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I am stumped.

I have scoured the web and am non the wiser. Im sure one of you guys have been through this maybe you would be kind enough to help.

So I generated a signed APK using Construct 3 and I upload to Android Developer Console. (no problem)

Then I click review and get this warning blocking from publishing APK.

After some research it appears that I can not upload APK directly but I must instead create and "App Bundle" using Android Studio.

So I download android studio. Load up the signed APK and then click "Generate Signed Bundle"

and get this message

there is no way to go further. "next "just generates the same warning".

So I trawl the net about updating the Android Gradle plug in

but non of the solutions appear to be applicable to the latest version of Android Build Studio 3.5.1 as the options and settings appear to be different from those suggested.

Any pros here got past this?

How do I update Gradle and build an app bundle suitable for upload???

• Normally this is where you have forgotten to fill in one or more of the requirements, like select targeted country's, privacy policy etc, just check everything.

• Normally this is where you have forgotten to fill in one or more of the requirements, like select targeted country's, privacy policy etc, just check everything.

Is that in Android developer console or in Android Studio ?

• Developer console.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Developer console.

yea I think I filled all that in. this is an issue with Android Studio.

It seems there is recent change and you can no longer just upload an APK in Dev console

but you now need to build an "App Bundle" in Android Studio.

• There are several posts on this subject in the forum, but essentially, it's normally something missed, like content rating etc

It's just bad UI in the console.

• So you are saying it is not an android studio issue it is a Dev console issue?

Im pretty sure I had filled everything that I could. I will check now again. Cheers.

• There are several posts on this subject in the forum, but essentially, it's normally something missed, like content rating etc

It's just bad UI in the console.

Hey man thanks, sizcoz I think you were right. Nothing to do with Android Studio and Gradle. Damn they send you down a rabbit hole for nothing...!!!!!

I added an address, and I think it was waiting for me to just review the warning by clicking on the warning even though it was already displaying it. Then the submit for review became available.

Thanks.

as you said "bad UI in the console."

cheers

Im gonna leave this post up as others may fall into this trap.

• Yeah, it's basically just a notification you can ignore.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)