Happen to you a lot? - keep putting "quotes" around string variable in "Edit Variable" dialogue!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • I understand why quotes are allowed around string variables - incase you need this: "Bert" as the variable itself.

But I think a warning "Did you mean to put quotes around your string variable?" pop up would save lots of bug tracking... because one hardly ever needs a string variable containing quotes!

Just wanting a bit of feed back before I bother filling out a suggestion form.

• I think by default you wouldn't think to use quotes on a variable name. Maybe if you started using the text object and got a little confused but I think once you had done this once then you would be aware of it.

• thanks for posting.

I think the confusion is because everywhere else you enter a string value (function params, comparing variables, setting variables) you put the string in quotes.

So if you've been doing a lot of this - then jump and create a new string variable - you automatically stick the value in quotes... because everywhere else you do this...

I just creates a difficult to track down bug... just got to be super careful I suppose...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • it is not possible to create a variable with a name containing quotes.

you can though set a value with quotes. which I would never ever do..

• not the variable name itself but the initial value can be in quotes:

Add Local Variable Dialog

Name: myVariable

Type: String

Initial value: "something in quotes" <<< this can be put in quotes..

:)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)