You guys...

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Can't really expect a company to change their business model because you feel you're privileged to get it for cheap, sorry for free. From what I understand this is a small team of developers giving a majority of us non programmers a chance to create something. The biggest complaint I've read is 'I'm a student or lack funds' - Yes that will happen from time to time when you want something, but don't have the means to obtain it. I don't see Sony or Nintendo lowering their prices on day one because of my financial status.

From the update today it seems most of the complaints have been addressed or looked into the biggest being [quote:2tws6hxs]In future we are also planning desktop builds of Construct 3 for Windows, Mac and Linux. These will work much like Construct 2 does now.

This just looks to be a PR mess - next time release the news, features, and then price.

Perhaps move all the complaint topics about having to pay for Construct 3 to a sub folder, so the one official post can be seen clearly.

• Good call

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • im not paying money to a charity, im paying money for a software no matter how many people or how they did it.

• Looks like they are providing that then.

• People don't buy my games because I'm a poor alone developer, they buy them if they are fun.

I don't buy software because is done by a small team, I buy software that I like or need.

Simple.

Anyway, is soon to talk, we need to try C3 before judge it.

• Argh the clickbait title. Yeah I don't see a problem, I think even C2 is worth an annual subscription, I would still pay if it was annual. It's powerful software and allows you to create a game hassle-free, always worth it.

• People don't buy my games because I'm a poor alone developer, they buy them if they are fun.

I don't buy software because is done by a small team, I buy software that I like or need.

While I agree- I think the issue I am constantly reminded of as an independent developer, is that most players have their expectations defined by games created by larger companies. Those are the games people are force fed and taught to accept, generally speaking. So it's not necessarily about what is "fun", because very simple things can be fun. The issue I see is a type of expectation a person has and whether what they see lives up to it or not, and this expectation they have can be completely biased and unfair.

Unfortunately for the small developers, they can't do much about that- they have to learn to accept the reality of the consumer base, and make an extra effort to show why they should be supported or considered. This is what I find myself facing currently, and learning to overcome.

I'm sure this applies similarly to tool makers, like scirra, or any small team.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)