Groups Active State Question on Layout Reload

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
State Machine
$10.99 USD
State Machine is a great tool for managing the state of anything in your game.
  • Imagine a layout with an associated event sheet which has a group that gets deactivated during gameplay

When that layout is closed (lets say I've loaded another level) but then return to the layout with the de-activated group, should the group still be de-activated or does reloading a layout with its associated event sheet automatically re-activate groups that are no set to active on start.

Sorry if my English bad (And I'm actually English :))

Tagged:

• Did you test it? I think the groups remain in their same state when using go to layout.

• I actually have quite a big project and noticed this seemed to be happening with some layouts and not others. I couldn't figure out and rather than creating a whole new project to test this I thought I'd just post here to see if someone knew the answer off the top of their head. Or what is the expected behaviour. Cheers

• Are you using 'restart layout'? That will reset the groups. But 'go to layout' I think it persists as you would expect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just ran some tests and I can confirm that:

De-activated group remain deactivated when switching between layouts/event sheets unless you explicitly re-activate them.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)