Graphics issue

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • Hello again.

I am having trouble running games, because the display is not working for some reason, attached is a screenshot to show you what I mean.

This is specific to my new development desktop and only occurs for games created with Construct3, as everything else works just fine, e.g. other linux games, steam,whatever.

All of my graphics drivers are updated.

# System Details Report

---

## Report details

- **Date generated:** 2024-01-11 20:01:41

## Hardware Information:

- **Hardware Model:** (null)

- **Memory:** 32,0 GiB

- **Processor:** AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900XT × 24

- **Graphics:** AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT

- **Disk Capacity:** 4,0 TB

## Software Information:

- **Firmware Version:** 4301

- **OS Name:** Ubuntu 23.10

- **OS Build:** (null)

- **OS Type:** 64-bit

- **GNOME Version:** 45.1

- **Windowing System:** Wayland

- **Kernel Version:** Linux 6.5.0-14-generic

Tagged:

• I don't know the answer but have some suggestions.

What browser do you use? I think best to try Chromium.

You may have already tried this, but have you tried different type of drivers, like open source and the vendor provided ones?

In the past, I used Manjaro with a Nvidia GPU, I remember one of the drivers would just give black screen with only DOM elements appearing (which didn't react, like it crashed) for C3 games, the other driver was better and a 3D C3 game looked correct (but I recall there being refresh rate issues, and I couldn't solve it, so went back to maining Windows).

Also, again I'm not super familiar, but could Wayland be the issue? I seem to see that pop up often in reddit for Linux gaming issues, although this may only be relevant for Nvidia or not relevant at all, just a guess!

• I've updated all of the ubuntu graphics drivers and tried xorg instead of wayland, still broken.

• In desperation, I cleared all the browser data, web storage, checked and re-checked the drivers, etc.

I even uninstalled and re-installed Construct3 several times.

But still the problem is NOT fixed.

I am really bummed out...

The expensive new power-house desktop I specifically purchased for all my game development activities, is useless for Construct3.

Strange how all other linux games, steam games, also those I created with Defold or plain vanilla work just fine.

Maybe I should not have renewed my subscription this year.

• Maybe this helps (fingers crossed):

kiffin@b450f2:~$ lspci -v

0c:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT/6750 XT / 6800M/6850M XT] (rev c1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT/6750 XT / 6800M/6850M XT]

Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 99, IOMMU group 18

Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]

Memory at e0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=2M]

I/O ports at d000 [size=256]

Memory at fca00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]

Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [disabled] [size=128K]

Capabilities: <access denied>

Kernel driver in use: amdgpu

Kernel modules: amdgpu

• kgish

Do any error logs show up on the browser console when you start the preview?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I created the following ticket:

github.com/Scirra/Construct-bugs/issues/7742

• For those out there who are still interested, I somehow managed to fix this problem.

Wondering if it might run on another browser, I fired up Firefox and noticed that the issue was not present in that browser.

I then switched back to Chrome, and magically it's working again!

This sounds pretty bizarre I know, but I thought I'd at least record it hear just in case.

• Oh yeah, and a big thanks goes to Ashley, who took the time to review my bug report and respond with kind words.

• You can always look into chrome://gpu/ and then test various settings here chrome://flags/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)