Google Drive cloud save outage

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Update Feb 10th 12:45 GMT: We finally had our verification granted this morning. Google Drive should now be working normally once again. We have also released a r234.4 update that mainly just removes the outage notification prompt when attempting to use Google Drive. Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. We have taken steps to make sure this never happens again.

Update Feb 9th 9:30am GMT: We had a third response back from Google about verification overnight. They have requested more information again, and we responded providing it. We have repeatedly emphasised that we were previously fully verified and are re-applying with a new developer account, but unfortunately they are making us jump through some hoops anyway.

Update Feb 7th 1pm GMT: We had a second response back from Google about verification. They requested some more information, and we are responding.

Update Feb 5th 2pm GMT: We have had our first response back from Google about verification. They requested a small change to our configuration, which we made promptly and then responded indicating we were ready again. If they continue to respond quickly, hopefully we can get verification within the next few days, although I can't promise an exact time scale since it's out of our hands.

Update 4:08pm GMT: We're aware of an outage affecting the Google Drive cloud save feature. We have published an update to Construct with r234.2 to attempt to mitigate it, but there may continue to be problems until Google approve our new developer account.

In the mean time some of the following workarounds may help:

• You can still access your Google Drive files from the web interface at drive.google.com. You can download your project files from there to your local device, and then open them as local files. When you have finished, you can use the same web interface to upload them again.
    • If you have a Microsoft account or Dropbox account, the Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox cloud save features are still operational.
    • In the Chrome browser Construct can also open and save directly to local files, which may be a more convenient workflow in the interim.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience. Our team are working to ensure this can be resolved as soon as possible. We will post updates when we have them in this thread.

Update 3pm GMT: we have now released r234.2 which should address the problem. However we have had to set up a new developer account for using Google Drive in Construct. Normally apps are verified by Google which they say could take several days. Therefore it's possible you will see warnings such as "unverified app" for a while when using Google Drive cloud saves in Construct. Hopefully verification will be completed soon and these warnings will disappear.

If you encounter any further problems with Google Drive, you can still access your project files by signing in to Google Drive on the web, downloading your project files, and continuing to work with them locally. Once you have finished, you can then upload your project files back to Google Drive with the web interface again.

Original message: We're aware of an issue affecting the use of cloud save with Google Drive in Construct. We're currently investigating. We apologise for the inconvenience and hope to have this fixed ASAP.

At this time it's not clear what has gone wrong but it does not look like it was related to our r234 update, since the previous r225 release is also affected - the timing is merely coincidental. We'll post updates when we have them.

• Thanks for the help!

We'll wait for this fix.

I think this problem isn't exclusive of the update, since the cloud save was working fine on the updated version and after some hours it stopped working.

• After the update I get this error now, different from last night.

• That is the warning I referred to possibly happening in the 3pm update in the original post. It is possible to continue if you click "Advanced" and then "Go to construct.net" - it should work normally again after that.

• I was not able to find the Advanced button. When I clicked Construct.net and selected my google account It still shows the "This app is blocked" error. Am I missing something?

Here is where the accounts are.

• I have the same problem..

• I was not able to find the Advanced button

• I think we hit a rate limit for unverified apps, which may mean it's not accessible until Google verify the app again. I'm afraid you'll have to use a workaround until then. I've updated the original post with the latest status and some advice on workarounds.

• Not that it fixes everything, but non cloud saves using the local folder in the G-Drive app are unaffected apparently.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For the ones that are still having issues.

I recommend to manually go to drive.google.com, login, go to the file location and download it.

Open it on construct3 and keep working offline or even save on Cloud using Dropbox or MS One Drive.

When google drive is complete fixed, save on drive and continue working.

• dopo aver salvato il file in locale perchè google drive non riconosce i file construct salvati, in fase di avvio anteprima per testare il progetto, mi esce questo avviso e non mi fa andare avanti.Mi auguro che risolviate con urgenza il problema

• dopo aver salvato il file in locale perchè google drive non riconosce i file construct salvati, in fase di avvio anteprima per testare il progetto, mi esce questo avviso e non mi fa andare avanti.Mi auguro che risolviate con urgenza il problema.

ERRORE

Informazioni sul rapporto di errore

Tipo: rifiuto non gestito

Motivo: Evento 'errore': [Evento oggetto]

Construct 3 versione: r234.2

URL: editor.construct.net

Data: Thu Feb 04 2021 21:14:50 GMT + 0100 (Ora standard dell'Europa centrale)

Uptime: 319,7 s

Informazioni sulla piattaforma

Browser: Chrome

Versione del browser: 88.0.4324.146

Motore del browser: Chromium

Architettura del browser: 64 bit

Contesto: browser

Sistema operativo: Windows

Versione del sistema operativo: 10

Architettura del sistema operativo: 64 bit

Tipo di dispositivo: desktop

Rapporto pixel del dispositivo: 1,125

Core CPU logiche : 12

Circa. memoria del dispositivo: 8 GB

Agente utente: Mozilla / 5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit / 537.36 (KHTML, come Gecko) Chrome / 88.0.4324.146 Safari / 537.36

C3 versione: r234.2 (stabile)

Impostazione della lingua: esso esso

Informazioni WebGL

Stringa di versione: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Versione numerica: 2

Supporta texture NPOT : sì

Supporta la profilazione GPU: sì

Supporta alta precisione: sì

Fornitore: Google Inc.

Renderer: ANGLE (Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)

Avvertenza sulle prestazioni principali: no

Dimensione massima della trama: 16384

Intervallo di dimensioni in punti: da 1 a 1024

Estensioni: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_bptc, ​​EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw, OVR_multiview2

• In the interim, I'm using Google Drive's local folder. If you're on Windows and don't mind installing Drive on your PC, you can just save your project as a local file to that folder, and it'll sync with your Drive in the same way as Cloud mode did.

• все так же не работает, ждем решения.

• construct Please consider hinting this error on your entrance page. Took a while to find anything useful (google search didnt bring up good results).

I guess a lot of users are affected.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)