Ghost Button

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This ghastly character will bring the spooky vibes right into your game with AAA Game Character Ghost.
  • Hello...I have one button that is on a disabled, non-interactive sub-layer to toggle fullscreen. I can click this button at any time no matter whether that sub-layer is visible/interactive or not.

Other buttons are not clickable when the layer(s) are invisible/non-interactive. Is this a browser "feature"? Does it have to do with full-screen or some setting on the button itself???

• The non interactive probably just works for collisions. A condition like on button clicked is different. You could make a bug report, but there is an argument to be made that buttons can be disabled.

• Just checked and the Html Element is also not effected by layer interactive.

Ashley any thoughts there?

• HTML elements don't actually belong to a layer. For example you can't overlap them with a sprite on a layer above them. They essentially float on top of the canvas. Things like buttons also have their own ways of blocking input, in this case via the "disabled" attribute. Should making a layer non-interactive make HTML buttons disabled even though they don't actually display on that layer? I'm not sure it makes sense.

I think Construct probably needs a special "HTML elements" layer that appears on top of everything else in the editor, and all HTML objects go on that layer. It would clear up confusion about things like layering that regularly come up too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think Construct probably needs a special "HTML elements" layer that appears on top of everything else in the editor, and all HTML objects go on that layer. It would clear up confusion about things like layering that regularly come up too.

That sounds like a good idea, especially now with the new element.

• I really like being able to have HTML elements separated per layer. Would an "HTML Elements" mean all my form elements were glommed together? Then you'd have to have separate, concurrent controls for showing/hiding/etc HTML elements that logically coincide with other objects...? Or is there a better pattern you're prescribing?

My use case is a settings screen: one sub-layer for server settings, one for UI settings, etc...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)