GDPR and IDFA

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I am trying to implement the GDPR and IDFA through AdMob. The agreements are popping up but I have three issues/questions.

1: The GDPR buttons says: "Tap "Allow" on the next screen to give permission"

but when pressed it does not go to the next screen. The examples I have seen in other apps have a screen with a bunch of options. Even when I disable the IDFA the GDPR does not go to next screen. Is this a screen I need to make?

2. Once the GDPR button is pressed the IDFA popups up. Blocking the GDPR. When an IDFA button is pressed the GDPR and IDFA disappear.

3. Does anyone know if under the GDPR I need to provide the user with an option to later change their GDPR? For instance, do I need to put a button in settings that will bring up the GDPR screen?

Attached are screen shots of the code, the GDPR and the IDFA overlapping the GDPR.

• 1: The GDPR buttons says: "Tap "Allow" on the next screen to give permission"

but when pressed it does not go to the next screen. The examples I have seen in other apps have a screen with a bunch of options. Even when I disable the IDFA the GDPR does not go to next screen. Is this a screen I need to make?

This is totally incorrect. You describe the IDFA explainer.

This is not related to the GDPR. It is shown before the ATT outside EEA.

2. Once the GDPR button is pressed the IDFA popups up. Blocking the GDPR. When an IDFA button is pressed the GDPR and IDFA disappear.

You describe the IDFA explainer which is shown before the ATT request.

This is not related to GDPR.

3. Does anyone know if under the GDPR I need to provide the user with an option to later change their GDPR? For instance, do I need to put a button in settings that will bring up the GDPR screen?

Two important notes.

It seems you have not set up the GDPR message at all? You must create this message yourself, in funding choices.

IDFA for iOS is not related to the european GDPR regulations. This is two different things and also handled differently in your events.

First you need to create all your messages in UMP

• Thank you for the clarification.

I have disabled all of my code with regards to code previously listed and the fortunately the messages still popup. So I guess AdMob takes care of all that once I put in the messaging through their platform.

I spoofed my location and the GDPR message displayed. Definitely different from the IDFA. Thanks again for the clarification.

My final question: Do I need to have an option for users to see the GDOR messages again?

• No, I don't think you need to be able to show the message again within the app.

If the user want to make another choice, they can go into app settings on their phone and press delete app data (delete cache), this will delete their cookie and the popup will automatically show for them next time they will start the app again. You can test this yourself as well. This is handled by the ad sdk and you will not need to handle it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for the information!!:)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)