My game works so well on Brave browser, I want to know why

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Hello,

recently, I noticed that, when I launch my project on full screen, fps goes really down, becomming unplayable, or verry slowly.

I was using the regular preview layout of construct 3, drag until full screen and lag was starting.

then I tried with Brave browser and... wow. even colors was looked shinning.

I'm not here to promote brave, it's just what it is.

Then I tried chrome and same result as default layout launcher of construct 3, lag, etc...

So I would like to know why? because everybody using google chrome, so if they play my game, that will be not possible for them

do you have any explanation?

• update:

Ok I exported my game as windows desktop exe, and on full screen it's smooth! like on Brave Browser.

Guys, I wasted a lot of time to know why I was lagging so my advice is to test on brave browser your game if you encounters lags problem, performance.

• Brave browser is known for having lots of gl,webgl issues depending on your processors. Its often disabled.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would guess you have an old graphics card with out-of-date/broken drivers, and different browsers have different checks to revert to slow software rendering if the graphics drivers are broken. So all you're seeing is the difference between hardware rendering and software rendering depending on whether the browser accepts the drivers. Even if it's fast there may be crashes or glitches due to broken drivers.

Most modern hardware should be fine, this kind of thing only tends to affect old devices.

• I have gtx1080ti so that can't be this way and I made update of drivers last night.

still same.

google chrome is the worst,

construct's own launcher is better

and brave one works really fine

by the way, my computer makes huge noise when I launch on chrome

what that can be? I desactivated all extensions on chrome

same happens with your scirra games, so don't it's my project's poor optimized perf

still, works well when the preview layout on browser is resized to a mini window.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)