Game template with builtin quiz to continue.

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Not sure if what I want is available on Scirra, but I’m hoping you can advise.

I’d like to add some fun games to an e-learning Wordpress site I run for my pupils.

There is an example of the type of thing I’m looking for here http://elearningbrothers.com/training-arcade/ (but it costs far more than I can justify).

I’d like a simple but addictive game (such as flappy birds or tetris etc) that requires the player to periodically answer multi-choice questions to continue with the game. It would be great if there was an easy way to add the questions and any images that might be involved. It would also be great if they also had the option of sending high scores to a scoreboard somehow.

My focus / area of interest is on producing learning materials for my pupils. Obviously, since I’m posting a question here, I am prepared to edit game templates, but I have no particular desire to learn how to create games, I’m just looking for another way to engage my pupils. So the easier it is to create a series of games / learning experiences the better.

I’m not looking for something for nothing, but I don't have the resources to pay a developer to create a one off game, I'm hoping there is a customisable template I can edit.

• You be the judge, this was done in 30 min (most of the time working with a new plugin, Sweet Alert in C3.)

Took the flappy bird template, added random math questions which pause the game, if you are correct continue, if you are wrong, the game speeds up.

(Most) of the Events added:

If this looks too complicated, I would suggest to look for other tools. If it looks easy, go for it!

High score is more complicated, but there are tutorials on the site (I use Gamesparks, but there's a decent learning curve on that one.)

(FYI the Sweet Alert plugin does not fully work C3 right now, so if you want to use the nice text box, you may want to start with C2 instead.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Many thanks for your thoughts. The game looks fine, but I’m on the hunt for a clearer system for adding quiz content than this seems to offer. I might have a closer look if I find nothing more suitable. I’ll keep on looking for now.

• Many thanks for your thoughts. The game looks fine, but I’m on the hunt for a clearer system for adding quiz content than this seems to offer. I might have a closer look if I find nothing more suitable. I’ll keep on looking for now.

I’m a teacher too, have been an avid Construct 2 user for the past four years, and have developed many small learning tools for my students, along with several major tools. What kinds of questions are you looking to support? Which content area?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)