My game crashed when loading the dictionary (sometimes)

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • For some reason my game crashes on android (not C3 preview) after loading the dictionary. The sheets are very simple, and the graphic load too.

This is the sheet where I load the dictionary.

This is the one that comes after, where the game stops working and goes to the android screen.

This is the screen that should appear, it just has a graphic load.

I really don't know what could be going on.

• You need to grab logcat logs from your android phone. Note the exact time when the crash happens (down to seconds) and then look for any error messages in the log for that time.

• Sorry for the delay, I haven't had time.

This is the message I get in the logcat.

03-09 23:02:59.592 29146 29167 W RenderInspector: DequeueBuffer time out on scd.lcex/scd.lcex.ActivityMain, count=1, avg=18 ms, max=18 ms.

• No, that's not it. Search for multi-line exceptions or error messages, they may look something like this:

Also check that the error is related to your app, and not about some random android service.

The log file may be huge, so it's important to know the exact time of the crash.

• This is what I get. I do not understand any of this xd.

• Well, sometimes logcat doesn't have much useful info.. Seems like there is some issue with disk index (whatever this means). Does this happen on other devices? Maybe there's some problem with your phone.

You can try exporting debug APK, it may give you more detailed error logging.

Also, you can add Browser Log messages into all key events in the project, for example "Checking Local Storage", "Loading from Local Storage" etc. If you export debug APK, you will be able to see these messages in logcat and will know exactly in which event your app fails.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for the lag, this is what android studio tells me, when I run the .apk to debug.

"2022-03-24 01:31:13.761 8752-8831/com.dospastores.lucha A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x726566667592 in tid 8831 (Chrome_InProcGp), pid 8752 (spastores.lucha)"

Then the game jumps to the android desktop.

• Sorry for the lag, this is what android studio tells me, when I run the .apk to debug.

"2022-03-24 01:31:13.761 8752-8831/com.dospastores.lucha A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x726566667592 in tid 8831 (Chrome_InProcGp), pid 8752 (spastores.lucha)"

Then the game jumps to the android desktop.

Try

1-Restarted my smartphone (physical device).

2-If you are using Android Studio, then go to file --> Invalidate Cache & Restart.

or

1-Invalidating Android Studio's cache.

2-Wiping the device's data and cold booting it.

And see if you till have the issue

Link:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55795041/how-to-solve-android-fatal-signal-11-sigsegv-code-1-fault-addr-0x0-in-tid-xx

• Thanks for the reply.

So the problem would be in my phone, and not in the game?

I have no idea of programming (that's why I use C3) and even less of Android studio.

I'll try to follow your steps, and see if the error continues. Thanks.

• Thanks for the reply.

So the problem would be in my phone, and not in the game?

I have no idea of programming (that's why I use C3) and even less of Android studio.

I'll try to follow your steps, and see if the error continues. Thanks.

Np

Honestly is not very clear what is the source of the problem from what you read in the threads like the link that I posted as they just give the steps for things that worked to fix the issue. If It happened to me I would not have peace unless I find the source of the problem and that I can replicate it 100% to know if it has a fix and if not then find out which devices or OS are affected to exclude them if possible.

Example:

I have been dealing for the past month with one bug on Android that is failing to load PNG from the URL from the "Files folder" but it only happens on the Android Tablet "Galaxy Tab A 2016" OS Version 8.1 but the other devices have no issue as they are running on Android OS version 9+ also no issues on iOS devices so the only solution I found at the moment is maybe targeted Android 9+ and exclude Android 8 and lower otherways I could stay debugging forever because they are so many devices.

In your case what I will look for is:

1-How did you install it? Android studio?

If you install it through Android studio and keeps having issues then you could try installing directly into the device by exporting a debug APK from C3 build service and then don't use Android Studio to install it into the phone and see if that makes any difference but before that uninstall any older version and clear the cache etc...

2-If you didn't use Android studio then it may be a specific device issue as if the problem were from the C3 dictionary then you would find many BUG reports opened from other users in the C3 bug tracker. I use dictionaries all the time and I haven't had any issues like this, I'm currently testing all the time on (Android and iOS) using Dictionary and I didn't find any issues.

• Install the game from an apk to debug, it is possible that the problem is from the phone, this Monday they will leave me an android device to be able to test.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)