Game on Android lags terribly after an interstitial ad

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Has anyone experienced this problem?

After I close an interstitial ad, the game slows down to ~5 fps and becomes unplayable. This doesn't happen all the time, but I had this problem twice on two different phones in the past couple of days.

Wonder what's causing it and is there a fix?

Tagged:

• Has anyone experienced this problem?

After I close an interstitial ad, the game slows down to ~5 fps and becomes unplayable. This doesn't happen all the time, but I had this problem twice on two different phones in the past couple of days.

Wonder what's causing it and is there a fix?

got this several times

try to use latest cordova android 8.1.0 or maybe use crosswalk plugin

but tell me wich advertising network you use?

• Admob with native Mobile Advert plugin, Construct 3 build.

• Admob with native Mobile Advert plugin, Construct 3 build.

native ads plugin?

can you give me the plugin id ?

you find it on config.xml when you export to cordova

• I mean native Construct plugin - Mobile Advert. I don't export to cordova, I use C3 build service to build signed apk.

Plugin id is "construct-mobile-advert".

I guess I can try Mobile Master Ads addon by chadorireborn, I believe it uses "cordova-plugin-admob-free".

• I mean native Construct plugin - Mobile Advert. I don't export to cordova, I use C3 build service to build signed apk.

Plugin id is "construct-mobile-advert".

I guess I can try Mobile Master Ads addon by chadorireborn, I believe it uses "cordova-plugin-admob-free".

try to avoid cordova-plugin-admob-free plugin it use ad sharing

• > I mean native Construct plugin - Mobile Advert. I don't export to cordova, I use C3 build service to build signed apk.

> Plugin id is "construct-mobile-advert".

> I guess I can try Mobile Master Ads addon by chadorireborn, I believe it uses "cordova-plugin-admob-free".

try to avoid cordova-plugin-admob-free plugin it use ad sharing

github.com/ratson/cordova-plugin-admob-free

Well.. it Says that it does not do ad sharing

• > > I mean native Construct plugin - Mobile Advert. I don't export to cordova, I use C3 build service to build signed apk.

> > Plugin id is "construct-mobile-advert".

> > I guess I can try Mobile Master Ads addon by chadorireborn, I believe it uses "cordova-plugin-admob-free".

>

> try to avoid cordova-plugin-admob-free plugin it use ad sharing

https://github.com/ratson/cordova-plugin-admob-free

Well.. it Says that it does not do ad sharing

i don't trust them

• can i see how u implemetn the code? i got a problem on movile adverts it wont show the test ads

• dop2000

Did you ever manage to fix this issue? I've currently got the same thing happening, but i'm using the Mobile Master Ads addon.

• rayray No, I don't know how to fix this..

• For those using the Mobile Master Ads. (This is a free upgrade in the Construct Master Collection.)

Try the Mobile IronSource Collection instead, here's the tutorial and documentation.

It has complete ad-network mediation, and complete SDK features. I have made sure it's top quality, it's a premium client order, so you can rest assure there won't be any issues with Construct 3.

IronSource is a top tier network and you can integrate all the ad-network mediation you use, including Google Admob. I have written the native libraries myself with dedicated support for Construct 3 and the C3 Build Service, it also auto updates the libraries on every build.

I will be writing the Mobile Admob Collection soon, just to replace the Mobile Master Ads (free update). But, IronSource is a better network, and I have supported complete ad network mediation with it.

• Thanks, this sounds interesting!

But I'm wondering if it's something in certain Admob ads that causes the game to lag. If we use your addon with mediating AdMob ads, will we experience the same problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • dop2000 Consider using the Mobile IronSource Collection, it supports the C3 Build Service. That's asynchronous in the native background thread, so it shouldn't have problems with your issue.

I am happy to help out from the Discord Community, if you have questions.

I am now starting to move all my plugins in the Construct Master Collection to my own native libraries to have control, so we can avoid unknown issues like this.

• dop2000

Thanks, this sounds interesting!

But I'm wondering if it's something in certain Admob ads that causes the game to lag. If we use your addon with mediating AdMob ads, will we experience the same problem?

Regarding the Mobile Advert, I didn't see anything wrong with it, Nepeo's design was quite efficient. The only thing bothering me is the native consent library doesn't get updated unlike the ads libraries; if there's a lag, that could be causing it. (But Ashley recently updated it, so try checking it again now.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)