Frequent crashes on c3 editor as a standalone app.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Aloha,

I am getting a crashes while working in the c3 editor once every few hours. No error reports, just "awe snap, something went wrong : reload page?". I have also had a few hangups while in the sprite editor, where when I click to close, the loading the wheel pops up and just keeps on spinning and the project is frozen. Obviously all progress is lost since the last save.

I know these details won't be helpful for diagnosing the problem, but I was wondering if others have other similar issues. I have only had a few crashes while working in the editor on the browser, and all of those were reproducible, provided error reports, etc... but as a standalone app, the crashes have been getting on my nerves. So far, I have been able to reproduce nothing. The projects aren't complicated either, just basic templates projects that have minimal stuff in them.

I'm going to keep to the app to see if I can't spot the reason for the failures and just exercise using the save button more frequently.

• Yes, the editor sometimes crashes when I do lots of mesh editing. It doesn't crash enough for me try to figure out why, and I save all the time. I also note that sometimes when I open two projects and transfer stuff around it crashes a while later, but once again, not often enough for me to try to figure out why.

yours

winkr7

• Not sure about the sprite editor hangups, but the "oh snap" bug, sounds like it's chrome issue and is fixed in dev build of chrome (which will come to regular Chrome on Feb 20th).

github.com/Scirra/Construct-bugs/issues/7796

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if by standalone app you mean the old nw.js one, it's a really bad idea to use it at all since its last update predates extinction of dinosaurs and creation of universe itself. it uses an old chromium version and you should not run construct on anything else but latest.

• if by standalone app you mean the old nw.js one, it's a really bad idea to use it at all since its last update predates extinction of dinosaurs and creation of universe itself. it uses an old chromium version and you should not run construct on anything else but latest.

No, sorry, I mean the construct editor that you can download and install and use apart from a browser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)