First Project Problem - Crazy Bullet Bug

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi everyone, I'm creating my first project in construct 3 and I'm having an issue with my reset function. The bullet looks like it vibrating and occasionally moves in a random directions for about 5 seconds before it moves at an angle like I was expecting. I've attached a screenshot of my event sheet and bullet properties. Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My guess is - the sprite is at one of those Y values mentioned below. The event runs every tick which means it's going to continuously set a random angle until it moves away from those co-ords. I can't see any problem events apart from that. Since you are adding score also I guess this needs to be a trigger once event which would fix this problem and future problems with score - add a system > trigger once to those Y conditions on line 7 and 8.

• I figured it out last night by using the debug mode (which I didn't know existed) but lionz you are exactly right. I saw the score shooting up like crazy and the random angle changing continuously. I appreciate you taking the time to look at this and helping. While I did end up figuring it out, I would've probably given up if I wasn't able to get help. Thanks again.

• Great, glad it is figured out :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)