Exporting to iOS & Android in 2020: What is the current state of things?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
State Machine
$10.99 USD
State Machine is a great tool for managing the state of anything in your game.
  • But don't you think popping a notification screen "Exporting to Android Studio: Known issues here" would be a large customer service benefit?

Well, it's actually pretty complicated - the advice needs to depend on the addons your project uses; it can't cover third-party addons; the details change regularly so could easily go out of date (and wrong advice can be worse than no advice); it's unlikely it will cover every possible issue or quirk, so will probably always be incomplete; in cases where there are bugs that other companies need to fix, the right solution is to get them to fix it, rather than start spreading messages about it; and some users will (sometimes even wilfully) get the wrong end of the stick, point to that message and say things like "look how buggy Construct's mobile support is" (especially if other tools have no equivalent message), even if none of it is our fault or nothing mentioned affects them in any way.

Mobile publishing is just kind of tricky no matter the tool or framework you use, and I don't think there's any easy answer that will fix all the problems in one go.

• Yes it's that template, added a bunch of levels, 20+ skins, making an actual game from it.

Gonna upgrade a few things in the engine and do like, 30+ levels.

I already added one boss, he's huge. Gonna push for 1m installs on this one!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • cybertron7

When you say you are using Admob and it's causing the errors, you mean the "MobileAdvert" plugin?

...because I'm using it on iOS and Android and it's working.

If it's not this plugin, what is the use of "AdMob" in a game...?

I still have some headaches with some plugins too, hoping Construct 3 dev team will look at my bug report from 19 days ago... :/ I still trust them...

...but I have to admit I'm looking forward to have more fun working on my game, than going trials and errors to understand wich plugin is causing errors sometimes.

• IAP seems to be working out of the box, so that's nice.

cybertron7

Sadly it's not the case for me on iOS, but it's working fine on Android.

Did you manage to make it work on iOS recently?

That's my last and only headache with C3 lastly. That and the fact that I can't test my app in TestFlight but it's pretty new, was working before. :/

• I did get my Android working -- it looks like can now bypass the need for Android Studio. Great.

THE PROBLEM? I had the incorrect value for AdMob. Why this CRASHES THE ENTIRE APPLICATION is crazy. But, looks like it's and "Android issue" and not related to C3. But still, can't C3 do it's own check? Have a button on the object that says "Verify settings" and create an API layer out to AdMob.

"Settings are INCORRECT, your app will crash upon launching"

• Mobile publishing is just kind of tricky no matter the tool or framework you use, and I don't think there's any easy answer that will fix all the problems in one go.

This is the way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)