Any experience using ULTRAWIDE monitor with C3?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I'm considering investing in an ultra-wide monitor for use with Construct 3. I would like to have the extra vertical workingspace for BARs and such. I'm currently using two monitors, but its not posssible (to my knowledge) to utilize this with the editor. Does anyone have experience using an ultrawide monitor with Construct 3? Pros and cons!

Tagged:

• I use 2 monitors with Construct! You can right-click pretty much any window and click "pop out" or something, then you can drag it to a different window.

I usually put my "Find" results, on a 2nd monitor, but you can put your bookmarks, another event sheet, and well pretty much anything over to a 2nd monitor.

I haven't tried a ultra wide monitor but I'd LOVE to try that, and I have a feeling that C3 will adapt very well.

Pro tip if you ever make online multiplayer game: Hold ALT whilst clicking "Preview", and it will give you a 2nd preview window, which you can drag onto your 2nd monitor and observe 2 players connecting online (can keep doing ALT+Preview to make even more previews windows if needed).

• I didnt know about the "pop out" option to a 2'nd monitor. it just works like a charm ☺️ I will put my "Find results" on my 2'nd monitor, it helps me so much keeping it organized - THANK YOU SO MUCH for this.

• I use 2 monitors with Construct! You can right-click pretty much any window and click "pop out" or something, then you can drag it to a different window.

This is very handy. I didn't know about ALT preview either.

thanks.

yours

winkr7

• With 2 monitors, and you open and close C3, does it remember the positioning of everything across the 2 monitors?

I think the minimum you'd want to use with C3 is probably 1440p.

I've used regular full HD, ultra wide, and 4k.

But I find that vertical space is the best aspect, so I prefer 4k as my main dev screen. Being able to see more events vertically + more things in object's property window is fantastic.

• It does not remember where popup windows are positioned unfortunately, and doesn't remember that they are popped out, so you just popout and position every time you use C3. I wonder if it's possible to have this implemented, I think I've seen some use JS to move the window around, so maybe!

I agree with 1440p, although I'm super curious how an ultra wide would be.

Going back to 1080p on a smaller laptop I have, I've personally found that I don't have enough width! I zoom the event sheet text out and it starts to become harder to read on a smaller 1080p display. But! We can mount layers/project files/properties into 1 area and then tabs appear to switch between them, which is honestly extremely handy and we should really explore this more, there might be a more optimal setup!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here is an example of what I can see using C3 on an ultrawide:

i.imgur.com/UBWr2kW.png

i.imgur.com/L5vTHsv.png

(cropped out my taskbar)

It does not remember where popup windows are positioned unfortunately, and doesn't remember that they are popped out, so you just popout and position every time you use C3.

Ah ok so that's not fixed yet. I think that was partly why I just went with ultrawide and 4k for my setups.

• Here is an example of what I can see using C3 on an ultrawide:

https://i.imgur.com/UBWr2kW.png

https://i.imgur.com/L5vTHsv.png

(cropped out my taskbar)

Omg I need this in my life NOW. You can read all events clearly and even have 3 columns of side-bars!!

• Yeah it's a quality of life improvement for sure! Especially if you use C3 every day. And it remembers my settings with a single screen, so I don't have to rearrange popups or window widths every time.

Ultra wide is great.

In regards to 4k, its basically the same as ultra wide, you just get a bit more height if you need it. But 4k monitors only go up to like 32", so you have to change window's scaling settings for comfortable use, which effectively lowers their resolution. Whereas with ultrawide you can keep it at native scaling as they can go larger than 32". Though I did use a 43" 4k TV for a while which was big enough to allow for native scaling, and that was a good for a while, but I've switched back to the 32" 4k finding that the smaller screen is a little more comfortable physically.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)