Exiting to the desktop when the player presses the Esc key

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • OOPS! Sorry I just realized I should have posted this in the "How Do I..." forum. If a mod wants to move it over there that'd be awesome.

Hello.

I am very new user of Construct. Tried it out a couple of days and just paid the subscription for Construct 3 today.

My background... I have been making games as a hobby for a long time (since C64 days lol) and typically I just program everything myself.

Doing it with programming it is simple... but I cannot find anything on how to close the Windows desktop game application when the player presses the Esc key.

I am thinking surely it has to be supported. I mean there must be some way to do it we cannot force people to use task manager to close them down. LOL!

So... how do you do it? :)

Thank you very much for taking your time to read and help me out.

• Add Keyboard plugin.

Add browser plugin.

In event sheet, add event On key pressed (Escape) and the action Browser > Close.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much!

I kept thinking it would be some system level thing but never even crossed my mind to look for a Browser object.

It will take a bit to switch to this paradigm of everything in fact being web / browser technology yet also still being a plug-in.

Anyway, I already had the Condition so just added the object and action and indeed it works! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)