Enemies getting positions confused with eachother

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Enemies for SHMUP consists of 45 enemy ship sprites to be used in your game.
  • So I use this system where the enemy collisions and animations are different objects and they are in a container, this works just fine except for when there are multiple enemies trying to chase the player. When multiple enemies are chasing the player one often gets 'confused' with another, for example I have 2 enemies that chase the player and one of them just goes in the same direction as the other, which is away from me. I do not know how to fix this

• Just sounds like an error with picking, you need to tell each one where to go. You also didn't say what logic or behaviours you are using or share any events, kind of impossible to help.

• I use platforming and Ill take a screenshot of the some of the code

I have it so that the animations instance has a variable telling it which enemy type it is. this is the code for the harpy, I have extra trouble with this enemy type because they fly around really fast and its really obvious there is something wrong when they group up

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That is a lot of events so someone would have to sit with the file and take a look. As a practice I don't like using Else and also system conditions when working with enemy behaviours. I find it useful to have timer behaviour on the enemy and also a variable for their 'state' that you can use to have some control, when you are relying on animations only it can get a little confusing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)