How do I make enemies and collectibles load with initial values after checkpoints? [URGENT]

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Enemies for SHMUP consists of 45 enemy ship sprites to be used in your game.
  • Hi Guys, is urgent please!!!

I have this problem: When player touchs the checkpoints the enemies and the collectibles don´t load again with their initial values. They dissappear :/

Please, I need solved this. I have search on YouTube and other Construct Forums but I don´t have found the answer yet. I need a CLEAR EXPLANATION about to get it.

Please excuse my English, but I am not bilingual.

Thanks for your help. I hope you can help me solve this matter soon

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you restarting the layout when you load from checkpoint?

• No, I´m not restarting the layout after load from checkpoint. If I do that, the player doesn't restart from the checkpoint but from the beginning of the scene and that is not the idea

• It depends how you are saving at your checkpoint. If you set your player to spawn at last saved checkpoint on start of layout, say via a global variable, then you can restart the layout and everything else will be reset as well.

• Hey friend! Thank you so much for your anser!! I apologize for answering so late. Could you explain me how I get it with global variable step by step, please? I have not made it yet. Thank you!!

• Hey friend! Thank you so much for your anser!! I apologize for answering so late. Could you explain me how I get it with global variable step by step, please? I have not made it yet. Thank you!!

if you need to restart the level and respawn all the objects in their initial state, you have two options:

Make a variable that keep track of the checkpoint status. For example, the ID of the checkpoint sprite. If the player touch the checkpoint, set the ID to the variable. When the player dies, make an event that on restart level, the player will be set at the ID checkpoint X,Y.

Another way to do it, is to use the save/load as you already doing, adding the behavior "No Save" to the objects you don't want to safe. This one should work, even if I never tried it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)