Electron 7.0.0-beta.3 and SetDOMSideScripts(["c3runtime/domSide.js"]); ISSUE?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
  • First, I know this is bleeding edge, but perhaps interesting for future Electron / nw.js exports.

I am using a plugin with DOM side scripts (Greengrinds an extended version of the official Greenworks plugin.)

With the plugin, my game exported and I built an Electron version with efc. It works well from Electron 3.x to 6.x (chromium 76, node 12.4.) However, for Electron 7.0.0-beta.3 (chromium 78, node 12.8), it looks like the domSide.js script is no longer loading in the DOM, it _appears_ to be running in the renderer. The evidence is the require stack has changed and I have had to change

require('../../app.asar.unpacked/greenworks/greenworks');

to

require('electron').remote.require('../app.asar.unpacked/greenworks/greenworks');

Once done that works, but it still seems like my DOM side script is not running on the DOM side anymore in this later version of Electron/Chrome/Node. I know this is all bleeding edge, so I don't expect everything to work, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention in the forum in case someone else has an insight into it.

electronforconstruct.armaldio.xyz

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)