Editor will not stay logged on ipad

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I have tried safari and chrome including home screen shortcuts in both iOS 12 and 13 beta 2. Every time I login to the editor of c3 and I run a preview it logs me out again regardless of the remember me check box. I’ve also tried requesting the desktop site mode. In chrome it will keep asking to upgrade to the latest beta but never remembers it but it safari it sticks. IPad Pro 12.9.

• That's a shame, I was really hoping iOS 13s Safari would work properly with C3

• Elliott - figured a few things out.

In the safari settings (via the main ipad settings button) you need to disable “Prevent Cross Site Checking”

Also under “advanced” and “experimental features” you need to turn on web GL 2.0 since its off by default.

I also had to turn on Web authentication, Web Animations, web GPU, and I also enabled the CSS related settings. Now it runs smoother and saves my login information again. (At least in safari). I also disabled “prevent popup’s“ so that the preview works.

The biggest annoyances now is that I cant figure out how to drag events or resize the action box width. I even tried the new experimental bluetooth mouse support in IPADOS.

Also (and it could be my no name brand ipad keyboard) but if you are using the arrow keys to move an 8 direction or platformer object around and you happen to press 2 directions at the same time, the direction gets stuck down and the character will keep walking. Hopefully someone can confirm that for me with an authentic iPad Pro keyboard.

Also in the settings for the keyboard you might want to also disable predictive typing and auto puncutation because when typing strings in C3 it automatically adds apostraphe's for some reason and C3 won't accept the string as valid. And a heads up, C3 doesn't display a cursor, or highlighted text in any text field. Nor can you type in a field such as an array in the built in array editor window. Everything is blank.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • justifun

The biggest annoyances now is that I cant figure out how to drag events or resize the action box width. I even tried the new experimental bluetooth mouse support in IPADOS.

Chrome on iOS12 can actually do this, it's much easier with a pencil, but you can do it by hand as well.

• Would really love it to work more seamlessly, I tried it once on iOS12 and never tried again because of all the issues

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)