download a copy request

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • At the moment if you are saving to your computer its all just basically "Save as" as you have to keep specifying a name, theres no "save" as you have it in C2 where you can just save to the same file quickly without having to retype the name and overide it.

I know there are limits with it being in a browser but as a work around would it be possible in the "download a copy" dialogue box, underneith where it asks for the file name, to have a list of the peviously saved file name, or read all the .c3p in the download folder, that way we can just click a file name instead of having to keep retyping the same file name over and over?

Thanks.

• Ashley any word on this. It's very tedious at the moment. A quick way to local save to the currently open file would be greatly appreciated.

A "quick save to local" button would be nice. Just click the button and a message pops up, "overwrite current file - yes - no ". Click yes and it does it all for you.

• Although I agree with such a feature, there's already the "quick save" feature by default if you simply leave the field empty and it will save the file as the name of your project.

This is actually written in dialog itself.

Although a kind of reminder of latest names entered in the field would be nice indeed especially when, like me, you are setting the name to use the date and a letter to save the different instances/versions of your project (ex: MyProject_20170522.a)

• If i leave it empty it always says "New project.c3p", not my file name.

If i type my file name, it then comes up as "myfilename (1).c3p" which i then have to delete the (1).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh i see, i need to name the project first. Missed that lol.

But still come up with .(1) that needs deleteing though. I know it supposed to help keeping versions but i find it anoying.

• Although a kind of reminder of latest names entered in the field would be nice indeed especially when, like me, you are setting the name to use the date and a letter to save the different instances/versions of your project (ex: MyProject_20170522.a)

+1 That would be nice if the field could remember the last used name.

As for overwriting existing local files, I'm not sure it's doable in a browser, maybe only in the standalone version later on. But I'm sure Ashley can elaborate on this.

• The browser won't overwrite your downloads. So it will always add a (1), (2) at the end if you keep using the same name.

It sounds like you'd be better off using browser storage instead of repeatedly downloading copies.

• I don't trust browser storage.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)