what are the difference between these two methods?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • I tried to support multiple screen for mobile game. I found 2 totally different way of doing it.

here are these two methods:

1. Set property Fullscreen mode to "Scale outer".

2. Get property Fullscreen mode to "Letterbox Scale". Get PlatformInfo.WindowInnerWidth & PlatformInfo.WindowInnerHeight and apply it to canvas size.

By following these 2 different methods I got same desired result. But I don't know if there is any difference in both methods.

• I do something similar to the 2nd method you mentioned - On browser resize, set canvas size to PlatformInfo.WindowInnerWidth and height. I then do "wait 0 seconds" twice, and then I copy & paste the same "set canvas size" event below this (seems to help make this work more reliably). Then I use anchor behaviour on objects, or position/size things with events.

I don't know if there's a bad reason to do this, but it helps give me the exact control that I need to support portrait, landscape, and even ultra-wide screen monitors.

• With option 1, you can make any screen size and ratio full screen.

Just need to apply it smart.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Jase00 How do you manage when your viewport size is greater than PlatformInfo.WindowInnerWidth and height? all my contents are out of screen. Even I scaled layout but few portion of screen is empty

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)