Difference between Request, Invite and Challenge FB Instant Games

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hi everyone,

Would like to find out from those of you who have experience with Facebook Instant Games the difference between the 3 modes mentioned. I read through the documentation but still slightly confused. From what I have gathered:

1. "Challenge" only show list of players who already played the game before?

2. When a player "Invite" a friend to play, they will take turn to challenge the score?

3. "Request" is the notification they receive on their Facebook alert tab to play the game?

• It is no difference.

You have misunderstood whatever texts you have read.

• It is no difference.

You have misunderstood whatever texts you have read.

🤯 Is that so? Why do they have all those different modes to confuse a beginner like me? Thanks for the clarification!

• 🤯 Is that so? Why do they have all those different modes to confuse a beginner like me? Thanks for the clarification!

cause they are different to some extent...

at least the Challenge one that is under "Play with Friends or Other Players" as i understand is different from invite and request, as it applies only to those users that already joined the game, for example a already existing user can invite his (non-players of the app) friends to play the game or challenge them to a match...

but he can't challenge a non-player of the app that isn't his friend... meaning he can't invite any random (that isn't his friend) person unless that random person already played the game.

to challenge a complete stranger you need the invite or request to join game module and only then u can challenge that player if he joined the app.

about invite and request to join a game/app they sound to be the same thing, unless there is some different hook but they probably will change that soon ...

• no, you are wrong.

You are confused with the filter for the chooseAsync.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • no, you are wrong.

You are confused with the filter for the chooseAsync.

developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/sdk/fbinstant6.3

• > no, you are wrong.

>

>

> You are confused with the filter for the chooseAsync.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/instant-games/sdk/fbinstant6.3

I know the SDK, made many games. The intent can be set for shareAsync, but there is no difference between them. Yet.

(to play with 'New players', 'existing players' and what not can be set when choosing context though, but that is a different function, and is not related to Invite/Challenge/Request etc)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)