Debug View is extremely slow when System is selected

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template for top-down view games)
  • This issue started happening today, but I remember someone else mentioning it. When previewing a large project in Debug View, some layouts are extremely slow, running at 1-5 fps.

Here is an example - the layout has 10 layers, but no sprites or other graphics. And even no event sheet!

If I remove just any one layer, FPS immediately improves to 90-100.

Also only the System page is slow, as soon as I click any object or any other tab, the FPS improves.

Like I said, this started happening today. I have been developing this project for the past year and the debug was always working fine..

Anyone knows how to fix this?

• Hoh I thought it was just me)

I have been experiencing the same thing for the last 2 months I was going crazy as I don't have anything to drop performance like that.

I have only 762+ object statics, no loops or anything like that to hurt performance no effects and is acting weird as yours.

I believe it could be Chrome's latest version as I have been using C3 r268 for a very long time and I never had any problems till now.

My Chrome Ver: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

C3 Ver: r268

Normally this should have no impact at all on performance

• Yeah, I'm on the same Chrome version. And I found two other users on another forum who have the same issue.

I wanted to report this as a bug, but I couldn't reproduce it in a test project, it feels kind of random. One layout in the project may work well and another very similar layout may be terribly slow..

• I wanted to report this as a bug, but I couldn't reproduce it in a test project, it feels kind of random.

Same here and I cannot share my main project.

I will try again when I will have free time to see if I manage to reproduce it in a new empty project so we can fill up a bug.

• Same here. I thought it was just my laptop switching between plug and battery so I kinda shrugged it off. But it is indeed the system view. Are you using 3D features by any chance, because that's when I first noticed it, but that may be coincidence.

• Same here. I thought it was just my laptop switching between plug and battery so I kinda shrugged it off. But it is indeed the system view. Are you using 3D features by any chance, because that's when I first noticed it, but that may be coincidence.

On my side, I haven't used any 3D object or 3D feature, my is more like an editor that doesn't have to check collisions, loops etc.. as a normal game will do, all my objects are static without behaviour or effects.

• Hmm ok then that's probably not it. It also doesn't always happen even in the same project, at least not immediately. I feel like it works at first and eventually starts struggling.

I'm on Chrome Version 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit) too btw.

• I did some more testing on the project that has the issue I deactivate all the events by deactivating the Groups so there is no one single event active and still doing the same so this looks like is something wrong with the Objects that the project has, the best bet is to try to look on that.

• No 3D features in my project either.

I think maybe the amount of information on the System tab is somehow important. In my experiments removing a layer sometimes helped. But again I tried creating 50+ layers and hundreds of variables in a test project and couldn't reproduce this bug. The debug view became slower, but was still running at comfortable 30-50 fps.

tarek2 As I mentioned, I had this problem in an empty layout with no event sheet attached and no object instances (except for a few arrays, jsons etc.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe this helps, here's a performance recording from Chrome. As long as the Debugger is on System there's a "Layout" task that takes very long that basically vanishes when switching to another view.

• Funny I delete everything (Objects & Events) and I just left the bones and even though the project is totally empty still has the issue:

Here is my project can you confirm please that you have the same issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hw87d8e0d1wgtf5/2-Debugger%20Bug.c3p?dl=0

It looks like Chrome did something on their latest update making it not compatible with C3 debugger.

================================

if I open the same project in Edge works much better still drops a few here and there but not that bad like Chrome

Edge Versiom: 103.0.1264.62 (Official build) (64-bit)

It started to update automatically so not sure if that is the old version or the new one that was trying to update to before I cancelled it

• As I mentioned, I had this problem in an empty layout with no event sheet attached and no object instances (except for a few arrays, jsons etc.)

Hoh sorry Dop you did is true ))

• I think I found the problem:

Is the Worker mode when you turn it off + you need to have like 4 layers at least

Before we use to have problems when we turn it ON and now is the opposite when we turn it OFF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amq2ffqsxbp9ua6/3-Debugger%20Bug.c3p?dl=0

Worker ON:

Worker OFF:

• Heh, yeah that's it. Worker on fixes it. I had worker set to auto and I assume it ended up off because I use a few scripts, but I don't use DOM stuff so I can safely turn it on.

• Heh, yeah that's it. Worker on fixes it. I had worker set to auto and I assume it ended up off because I use a few scripts, but I don't use DOM stuff so I can safely turn it on.

Cool

Thanks for confirming, mystery solved hopefully ))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)