Database

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • hi, I created a Trivia game, how I can store data in a database to add questions without update game?

• Firebase is one way to do it. There's a discussion about it here:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/firebase-construct-135443

The way I'm doing it is more complex but I have full control over how it works. I use MySQL on a web server, PHP to query the database and send results back to the client as JSON and AJAX calls to the PHP files to transfer the information back and forth.

Either way, you're going to have a lot to learn.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks a lot, can you tell me which firebase plugin I must use?

• are you looking to use a local database inside a game session only?

if so its very easy to do with the CSV plugin. I use it as a table-lookup and database, its much nicer than C3 arrays and you can search on column name.

you can make the csv file available on a website and open it on startup. Otherwise making a SQL database might be a bit overkill for what you are trying to do.

• thanks

• MySQL might be overkill but that depends on your plans.

If this is going to be a triva game for a few select people or it's an educational thing, the CSV will work great.

If you plan on this being a commercially viable product, I don't suggest the CSV.

1. Always assume your code will get hacked into.
    2. The URL to a CSV file will be exposed somewhere in the code most likely.
    3. Someone WILL directly access that CSV and do what they will with all of your data.

While AJAX calls to scripts that load data from a MySQL are a pain in the arse, require skills in coding and still aren't completely fool proof, it does add a mostly secure layer between your customers and your data.

• probably I will store data into JSON into my game, thank you very much

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)